Thread: AI Trading & Finances

AI Trading & Finances

I am currently playing a 162 game season. I did a fantasy draft for the rosters and I am controlling one team out of 29 with the computer controlling the rest. I have tried adjusting as many settings as I can think of, (example putting AI Trading frequency on +100. manually giving teams more cash...etc), I am more than half way into a 162 game season and the computer has not made one trade nor as offered any trades to me or computer to computer controlled teams. The only thing I have been able to do is initiate trades myself. So the only things under the transactions tab are my mine. I have even tried to "equalize cities, have turned things to -100 to disable the impact of salary, contract lenghts....etc. I thought if I can disable many of the financial options that would really help. Nothing has worked and driving me nuts. (:

Can someone kindly tell me exactly what I need to do step by step what I need to do? I would greatly appreciate it. And feel free to explain it like I am 6 years old as I am rather new to simulations sports games. Thanks so much!!! Please help me out.

Re: AI Trading & Finances

What season did you start in? Are there only 29 teams? Or do you mean that you are controlling 1 team and the computer is controlling the other 29?

Are you playing in Replay Mode? (Replay Mode sets Computer Trades to "-100%" by default, but it looks like you already adjusted that).

As far as explaining a solution to you, you've probably found a bug. At the very least, it's bad interface design on my part if there are situations where the "Trade Frequency" setting in League Settings stops working, that option should be grayed out or have a warning message.

UPDATE: I just started a new game in 2021, ran a Fantasy Draft and then simmed the season and there are trades between computer teams (see attached). So I'll need some more info to figure out what's going on with your game.

Name:  Trades.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  348.6 KB
    Last edited by Clay Dreslough; 04-21-2021 at 04:41 AM.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com