Thread: How Do You Create Your Own Roster?

How Do You Create Your Own Roster?

In Baseball Mogul 06 it is very simple to create your own roster. Here is the 3 easy directions...

1. Edit your roster, and then save it just like you would save a season.
    2. Then click new game, and when it asks you what year, scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll see "custom universe." click on that.
    3. Then it will come up with a window asking what roster you wish to load... direct to the roster you edited and your set to play with your new roster.

Re: How Do You Create Your Own Roster?

How about 05 version?
    How about an Editor like the one MVP Baseball had or NHL Eastside Hockey Manager has?

Regarding the 2006 rosters. The rosters are determined by the game's AI, and the AI looks at player projections. You can get more accurate lineups by tweaking the ratings. The projections for most players with major league experience, and some minor leaguers, are found in the Input/Players sub-folder, in Batting.csv, Pitching.csv and Fielding.csv.

(For example, in c:\Program Files\Sports Mogul\Baseball 2007\Input\Players\Batting.csv)

Remaining projections are calculated from the 'Peak' and 'Overall' numbers listed in the "2006Rosters.csv" file (same folder). If there are no numbers listed, you'll get different ratings every time you play.

For example Bronson Sardinha doesn't have any Peak or Overall numbers listed. I just went in and entered 67 (for Overall) and 84 (for Peak), and now he gets put in the minors.

I'd recommend you visit this forum if you want to be involved with working on the improved rosters. Scorey1974 and HoustonGM have been involved with the beta version and are already doing a great job putting together a bigger roster, with more minor leaguers and more accurate ratings than the one we're including with the game.

And here's some more info on new tools for editing rosters in Baseball Mogul 2007:

http://www.sportsmogul.com/baseball2k7/rosters.htm

You can also edit rosters and players INSIDE the game, and save the data as a ".mog" file as Rolls described.

Clay
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

with creating a new roster is there away i can set it up to have exspansiopn teams come in without having to create the team each season and then having rookies on there? example i have a league that starts in 2003 with a total of 8 teams in it 2 leagues..... in 2004 i have 4 new teams come in, but then i have to add them to the league along with what ever good players i have coming in.... i also have new teams coming in, in 2009,2012,2015,2019,2020 and 2024 which is a team relocated... i created this league on paper 15yrs ago originally and have tried playing it on various gams such as tony 3 hardball and high heat but only mogul will elt me do it how i wanto especially with the new play game feature.... or do i just have to create the teams each yr.

is it possible to create a roster with players from different years? for example, can you create a team with babe ruth and willie mays on the same team?

how do you do that, though?

never mind, i understand

Is there a way that I can use HoustonGM's rosters and create my own rosters with legends like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams on the updated roster file?

See the link in HoustonGM's post, 3 posts above yours.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann