Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How To Make A Screen Shot

How To Make A Screen Shot

Some folks have asked how. Here are 2 ways:

1. Using Baseball Mogul
      From inside BB2K6, you can choose 'Save Screenshot' from the Tools Menu. This will create a Mogul.jpg file in your BB2K6 folder showing the current News Page (it doesn't record any open Scouting Reports etc.)
    2. Using Windows
      Also, in most versions of Windows you can do the following:
      1. While viewing the window you want to save, click 'Alt-Print Screen'.
      2. From the Start Menu, find and open a program called 'Paint'.
      3. Once Paint has opened, click 'Shift-Insert'. This will paste the screen shot into the Paint program.
      4. Select 'File->Save As' to save this screen shot as a file (e.g. BMP or JPG).

Note: If you want to capture the entire screen rather than just the top window, click 'Ctrl-Print Screen' in step 1 instead of 'Alt-Print Screen'

Clay
    Last edited by ohms_law; 10-31-2006 at 08:15 AM. Reason: removed signature, improved formatting some

How to Post your Boxscore or Game Recap

How to post your Boxscore or Game Recap

Accessing the Boxscore or Game Recap
    Both your Boxscore and Game Recap (often called play-by-play) can be accessed 3 ways:
    1. From the play-by-play screen
      Just above the lineups, near the upper left corner, there are 2 buttons.
      • Clicking on the 'Box Score' button with bring up the Boxscore
      • Clicking on the 'Recap' button will bring up the Game Recap (play-by-play)
    2. From the Calendar
      Put the mouse cursor over the calendar day and
      • Left-click to bring up Boxscore
      • Right-click to bring up Game Recap (play-by-play)
    3. Directly from the file
      Intentionally left out at this point

The Boxscore or Game Recap will be opened using your system's designated text editor.

Copy and Paste into your Post
    1. Copy entire text of open file to your clipboard
      1. Highlight text using mouse or keyboard
      2. Copy highlighted text to clipboard by
        • Hitting CTRL-C; or
        • Choosing Copy command from text editor's menu; or
        • Right-clicking on highlighted text and choosing Copy from menu that comes up
    2. Paste it to your post
      1. Putting the text cursor where you want to paste it
      2. Giving paste command
        • Hitting CTRL-V; or
        • Choosing Paste command from browser's menu; or
        • Right-clicking where cursor is and choosing Paste from menu that comes up

3. Enclose it in CODE commands to make it easier to read (can be done before or after pasting)
      Not needed for Game Recap unless you are pasting all or most of it, but makes Boxscore readable
      • Before Pasting; or
        • Hit the # button on the message editor's menu buttons and then placing the text cursor between the [CODE] and [/CODE] and then pasting; or
        • simply typing [CODE][/CODE] and then putting the text cursor between the [CODE] and [/CODE] and then pasting
      • After Pasting
        • Highlight the pasted text and hit the # button on the message editor's menu buttons ; or
        • simply typing [CODE] before the pasted text [/CODE] after it

How to Post an Attachment
    Note: Here is a post on How To Make A Screen Shot
    1. You need to hit the 'New Thread' button or 'Post Reply' button (if you use Quick Reply method, you need to hit the 'Go Advanced' button) to begin creating/editing a post.
    2. Under 'Additional Options', there is an 'Attach Files' box with a 'Manage Attachments' button. Click on that button.Attachment 4339
    3. A pop-up window titled 'Manage Attachments' will appear. The file you wish to attach must be of one of the file types listed under Attachment Key.
      1. In the 'Upload File from your Computer' box, hit the 'Browse...' button and find the file you wish to upload. Attachment 4340
        • The file will usually be in Program Files/Sports Mogul/Baseball 2007 or one of its subfolders.
          • Valid extensions are: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mog pdf png psd txt zip
          • The saved game files have a mog extension.
          • For screenshots: jpg or jpeg files are prefered over bmp or gif files as they are usually smaller.
      2. Click on file, then click the 'Open' button
      3. The file should now be listed in the box to the left of the 'Browse...' button. Click the 'Upload' button to upload the file as an attachment.
        Attachment 4341
      4. A new box should appear titled 'Current Attachments' and inside should be listed the file(s) you have attached.
      5. Repeat until all files you wish to attach are attached.
    4. If you wish to actually show any picture file you have uploaded in your post
      1. Place the text cursor where you wish to place the picture
      2. Press the button that looks like a paper clip above your editing spaceAttachment 4343
      3. Select the uploaded file you wish to place there
      4. Board should place code that looks like [ATTACH]Upload ID Number[/ATTACH] where the text cursor is.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

I wanted to also mention that there are several screen shot programs out there that can assist you in creating screen shots. I personally like to use FastStone Capture.

It's also important to convert your screen shots to something other than BMP before posting them. Bitmap files consume a large amount of space and network resources, so it's much better for the forum and all user's who view the threads that contain pictures if their saved in either Jpeg (.jpg) or Portable Network Graphics (.png) format.

To convert the picture to a format other than bitmap, simply user "Save As..." in Paint, and select a different format in that dialog box. You can also use different programs to capture your screen shots (Faststone capture, which I mentioned above, saves the screen shots in .png format by default), or save the copied image into when you print screen to capture it. There not necessary, but they can make the process easier.

If you do not see a paper clip icon on the screen when you are creating a post, then you do not have the proper editor selected in your User Options. To change the settings that your profile is using, go to your User Profile, and click the link to the "Edit Options" page (it's on the menu along the left hand side). On the bottom of that screen is the miscellaneous options settings. You should use the "standard editor - extra formatting controls" setting.

Name:  2007-03-03_191058.jpg
Views: 1954
Size:  95.5 KB

Keep in mind that the pictures that you upload to display in your post won't show up until you actually save the post.
    Last edited by ohms_law; 06-13-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Question Re: How To Make A Screen Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Dreslough View Post
    Some folks have asked how. Here are 2 ways:

[list=A][*]Using Baseball Mogul
    From inside BB2K6, you can choose 'Save Screenshot' from the Tools Menu. This will create a Mogul.jpg file in your BB2K6 folder showing the current News Page (it doesn't record any open Scouting Reports etc.)
    This advice appears to be out-dated, especially about the Scouting Reports which, now, in June 2007, everyone,- except me! - seems able to shoot and post.
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Re: How To Make A Screen Shot

It's not outdated (aside from the reference to BM2k6). There is still a "Save Screenshot" menu item at the bottom of the tools menu.

Like I said above though, there are third party programs which make it much easier to manage screenshots. Check my post above, there is a link there to Faststone capture. Pretty solid piece of software.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

There is also the old fashioned alt+pring screen combo that will copy the active window to your clipboard, and then you can paste it in paint or whatever else you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
    It's not outdated (aside from the reference to BM2k6).
    ...and the remark that it won't record Scouting Reports, 'cos now it can, apparently...although not the one in the Tools menu.

Thank you for the link to Faststone.

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbarr View Post
    There is also the old fashioned alt+pring screen combo that will copy the active window to your clipboard, and then you can paste it in paint or whatever else you want to use.
    Yes, Jc, I've tried that, too, without success...I put that down, however, to my ineptitude with the computer. Thanks for the advice.

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

I hit "Save screenshot" but how do I post it in a thread (in my online mogul league)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty27 View Post
    I hit "Save screenshot" but how do I post it in a thread (in my online mogul league)?
    I just learned a few days ago since I'm doing it for my league sometimes as well.

Go to tinypic.com (i guess you can use photobucket.com but I like this one better).

Then click on "browse" and find your screenshot which should be in your Baseball Mogul 08 folder. Double click on it and then click "upload".

It should bring you to another screen where you can copy a link. It should the 2nd link of the 4 or 5 that they have which is for message boards and stuff like that. The link will look like this.

[IMG]something[/IMG]

Copy it and paste it in the post for your league and you should have it. Sorry if I simplified things a little too much, lol. I just wanted to make sure you knew how to do it.

Post #2, above, provides a very detailed set of instructions on how to post a picture on the forum (without using a third party web site as well, which makes it simpler and saves everyone bandwidth).
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

Sorry to bump this, but just so you guys know- if you have Windows Vista, you can use "Snipping Tool" to make screenshots (you can also take screenshots of only certain parts of the page, if you are wishing to draw attention to something).
    ]

Go to the start menu,search for snipping tool at the bottom search bar in the start menu- it should come up
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by howardryan6 View Post
    It didn't, any other way to find it?
    Do you have Vista?
    ]

It should be under accessories.
    Active Dynasty
    Meeting Success: A New Regime - Follow us as etothep chronicles me and eddie's efforts to bring a championship back to Queens

Paused Dynasties
    The Goose continues the Hawk's battle for Capital Hill
    Une Rève Réaliser: Les Expos de Montréal (1969-)

Retired Dynasties
    The San Diego Padres, into a Friar Destiny (with Jeffy25 and Ragecage)
    A New Era Takes Flight - The 2008 Toronto Blue Jays
    The Blue Birds: A new Era