Thread: Dee Dreslough on NPR

Dee Dreslough on NPR

Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

You created your last name?

I somehow missed this post. Please excuse the late timing.

Steiny Guest
    I dunno, but the price for Clay's house makes me really, really glad I don't live in Chicago.

Then again if I did, my house'd probably go for a cool million there.

Originally posted by Steiny
    I dunno, but the price for Clay's house makes me really, really glad I don't live in Chicago.

Then again if I did, my house'd probably go for a cool million there.
    My dad's house he and my stepmom just bought is 5BR 3.5 Bath and 3,500 square feet. All for the cool, low, price of $740,000. All the prices are going to come falling down though, so in a few years its going to be worth $500,000.

Originally posted by williethebasset
    My dad's house he and my stepmom just bought is 5BR 3.5 Bath and 3,500 square feet. All for the cool, low, price of $740,000. All the prices are going to come falling down though, so in a few years its going to be worth $500,000.
    expect 10-15% drop in price for the next 3 yrs.....thats 10-15 every year

For every interest point that the rates go up, house prices must drop 10% for someone to be able to afford the same payment.

For every interest point that the rates go up, house prices must drop 10% for someone to be able to afford the same payment.
    interest on money created out of nothing....what a racket

Originally posted by kingmob
    interest on money created out of nothing....what a racket
    I think you need to take an economics course at a local college. The money comes from bank accounts of the people that deposit money there.

I think you need to take an economics course at a local college. The money comes from bank accounts of the people that deposit money there.
    ok but where did the people get the money in the first place....govt. goes to the fed and says they need so many billions of dollars to pay the govt. employees....not sure the percentage of people working for the federal, state and local govts. but i'd say its probably 40-50% now that industry is all in china......the govt. gets money from the fed which the fed creates out of nothing ...thge govt. pays there employees and then the people deposit there checks in there banks.......read a book called secrets of the federal reserve by Eustace Mullins.....you are horribly uninformed my friend

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...469177-3798417

The money from mortgages comes from bank accounts that are over the $100,000 threshhold. Just invest your money in a moneymarket account.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...469177-3798417

The money from mortgages comes from bank accounts that are over the $100,000 threshhold. Just invest your money in a moneymarket account.
    no it doesnt.....when you borrow money from the fed the fed writes you a check on a non-existent acct. .....they create money out of nothing and charge interest on it

Deke Guest
    no it doesnt.....when you borrow money from the fed the fed writes you a check on a non-existent acct. .....they create money out of nothing and charge interest on it
    Ehhh, thats not necessarily true. The government when it needs money does not just make some up, they sell government bonds to get the money they need. In essence they are writing IOU's to the people buying the bonds and floating loans while they shift money around like a check kiter. But it doesnt just come from nowhere.
    Last edited by Deke; 09-03-2004 at 03:05 AM.

Originally posted by Deke
    Ehhh, thats not necessarily true. The government when it needs money does not just make some up, they sell government bonds to get the money they need. In essence they are writing IOU's to the people buying the bonds and floating loans while they shift money around like a check kiter. But it doesnt just come from nowhere.
    then what is the defecit? we pay interest on the natl. debt.....fed. reserve notes arent backed by precious metals....whats it backed by? a law that says you have to accept frn for all debts private and public.....do you realize that if there was no debt in the govt. or private secter that there would be absolutely no money....every dollar you have is someone elses debt .....it is a privately held corp. ...

Deke Guest
    then what is the defecit? we pay interest on the natl. debt.....fed. reserve notes arent backed by precious metals....whats it backed by? a law that says you have to accept frn for all debts private and public.....do you realize that if there was no debt in the govt. or private secter that there would be absolutely no money....every dollar you have is someone elses debt .....it is a privately held corp. ...
    I think were both on the same wavelength here and I agree completely with everything you just said, theyre backed by nothing other than the promise that youll get your IOU redeemed. Theyre kiting their debt like crazy. And though this is all true, I dont think that they just create new money when they need it, they just write another IOU from someone else's debt owed to them (selling bonds, FRN, etc). Pretty funny how our monetary system works. Its also funny that around 40 percent of govt debt is actually owed to itself, which I find hilarious. The problem is most of that debt is actually owed to the Social Security Trust which is why Social Security is likely eventually doomed. So if we scrap the federal reserve system, how would that effect our monetary system? Id like to get your opinion on that. Basically how can we change this funny money system we have going on now?

Originally posted by Deke
    I think were both on the same wavelength here and I agree completely with everything you just said, theyre backed by nothing other than the promise that youll get your IOU redeemed. Theyre kiting their debt like crazy. And though this is all true, I dont think that they just create new money when they need it, they just write another IOU from someone else's debt owed to them. Pretty funny how our monetary system works. Its also funny that around 40 percent of govt debt is actually owed to itself, which I find hilarious. The problem is most of that debt is actually owed to the Social Security Trust which is why Social Security is likely eventually doomed. So if we scrap the federal reserve system, how would that effect our monetary system? Id like to get your opinion on that. Basically how can we change this funny money system we have going on now?
    very easily.....
    first congress created the fed and they can kill it....
    then we go back to constitutional money where the treasury will f mint into coin gold and silver that people bring them(just like they used to do).....all the gold and silver that is socked away will be brought out and coined.....all the federal reserve notes in circulation will still be legal tender until enough coin gets into circualtion.....read a book called The creature from Jekyl island by G. Edward Griffin....its a great book all about the fed.
    we would have no debt and we would go back to the days of 10 cent cigar.....