Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    19

    I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

    Every year until now I have bought Baseball Mogul, and on startup have been offered the opportunity to transfer saved games right away. Not this time.

    Does this mean it is impossible to continue games saved on previous versions? I hope not, that there is some secret way to do it, as I am in love with the Montreal Expos I started in 1997 and am now in the heat of season 2003. Please tell me how I might get this game. In the folders, I see only that I have something called Montreal Expos (1997).mog. But I can't open this to see it, and I have no idea whether I can move it to a place in mogul 2021 so that it would appear as a saved game i could resume.

    Thanks for any help.

    Or Clay, could you please comment?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    67

    Re: I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

    You can open up the file for 2020 and 2021 and just move whatever games you want from one file to another. This is actually better since you aren't moving everything over there. You might want to do a backup of the files you want to move so you still have one in the 2020 file before you move them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    19

    Re: I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

    phills52, thanks for your reply. I don't know much how to manipulate files. I did manage to copy that Backup-Montreal Expos (1997).mog file to This PC/Windows (C)/Sports Mogul/Baseball Mogul 2021. But this did not show up in 2021 resume game list. Of course I have no idea what this file really is; and this what i find has folders called BACKUP; DEBUG; FONTS; INPUT;LOGOS; OUTPUT; PHOTOS;SKINS; SOUND; none of these seem to have anything to do with saved games. Am i even in the right place; since I have gotten Windows 10 I have been lost. And I can't find any files at all for Baseball Mogul 2020.

    I hope you or someone can tell me specifically what I am looking to move from one game to the next, and how to do this. I don't know if copying a file is the same as backing up, as opposed to moving a file. Help save this old man, please!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    67

    Re: I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

    Quote Originally Posted by vijnana View Post
    phills52, thanks for your reply. I don't know much how to manipulate files. I did manage to copy that Backup-Montreal Expos (1997).mog file to This PC/Windows (C)/Sports Mogul/Baseball Mogul 2021. But this did not show up in 2021 resume game list. Of course I have no idea what this file really is; and this what i find has folders called BACKUP; DEBUG; FONTS; INPUT;LOGOS; OUTPUT; PHOTOS;SKINS; SOUND; none of these seem to have anything to do with saved games. Am i even in the right place; since I have gotten Windows 10 I have been lost. And I can't find any files at all for Baseball Mogul 2020.

    I hope you or someone can tell me specifically what I am looking to move from one game to the next, and how to do this. I don't know if copying a file is the same as backing up, as opposed to moving a file. Help save this old man, please!!
    Just right click on the 2020 and 2021 files. Click on "open file location" and keep both open on your computer. You'll see the games (they are MOG files listed under files) you want to move in 2020. Just right click on them and hold the mouse button down. This will allow you to move them physically from 2020 to the 2021 open file. When you're done that close both files, open 2021 and the games will be there under resume games.
    Last edited by phills52; 03-28-2021 at 03:24 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    19

    Re: I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

    Quote Originally Posted by phills52 View Post
    Just left click on the 2020 and 2021 files. Click on "open file location" and keep both open on your computer. You'll see the games (they are MOG files listed under files) you want to move in 2020. Just right click on them and hold the mouse button down. This will allow you to move them physically from 2020 to the 2021 open file. When you're done that close both files, open 2021 and the games will be there under resume games.
    I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

    I use shell. But I didn't know what "Program" was for; and even had a I looked in there, I didn't know that I could click on "sports mogul" and see files there. I thought the only things that gave me were what I now understand to be game opening tools/shortcuts.

    Now that I know how to access files of all types, you have just made my life easier way beyond Baseball Mogul.

    Now I am going to go give the green light to some of my stealers.

    You are so kind to have taken the time to teach me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    67

    Re: I very much hope I can move a saved game from 2020, to mogul 2021; help

    Quote Originally Posted by vijnana View Post
    I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!

    I use shell. But I didn't know what "Program" was for; and even had a I looked in there, I didn't know that I could click on "sports mogul" and see files there. I thought the only things that gave me were what I now understand to be game opening tools/shortcuts.

    Now that I know how to access files of all types, you have just made my life easier way beyond Baseball Mogul.

    Now I am going to go give the green light to some of my stealers.

    You are so kind to have taken the time to teach me.
    No problem. I'm glad you got it. I messed up by telling you to left click on the icon instead of right click. I changed it in the original post. So often you go to google this stuff and the explanation is just so over complicated. I've had this happen to me a couple of times and I've asked my daughter what I do and she says "just this and this". I think, well, why wasn't the instruction like this instead of going on for pages?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •