Thread: baseball mogul 2021 interface changes?

baseball mogul 2021 interface changes?

Thank you for the recent newsletter announcing that baseball mogul 2021 will be released in late march.

Beside the new roster, rule changes and under-the-hood tuning, will there be any GUI changes?

I play allot of games out and it would be nice to see pitcher stats on the interface showing the pitchers current records, era, etc. I know there is a drop down menu for this but it would be nice to have certain stats always viewable. There is allot of window space and the current method is abit out dated.

I would think that at least changing the current selectable items from drop down to buttons it would make it easier to navigate.

Just wondering...

thank you.

Re: baseball mogul 2021 interface changes?

Have your Stickware schedule generator and have been trying to find a way to make some of these older templates (90s and earlier use team names instead of number. Any Suggestions on that?

Question Re: baseball mogul 2021 interface changes?

I did not receive a newsletter.
    We're there any details or screenshots given?
    Hopefully the GUI will get a rework and modernized skin and better photo downloads.
    But to be honest I don't believe so...
    I asked for a change of my forum user name 3 times last 6 months without even getting a response...
    I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)

This forum is not run by the people at Baseball Mogul It is handled by a third party.

Really? Don't think so.
    If you click the "Contact Us" button on the bottom of each forum page a mail link to a sportsmogul support mail address opens.
    Never mind, I posted or requested my name change via forum, mail, and direct message without any response.
    But thats not the issue of this thread I suppose.

So let's keep talking about BM2021.
    Although BM20 will be my last BM version for sure... unfortunately...
    I don't want to play golf! When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it! (~Rogers Hornsby)

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_baseball View Post
    This forum is not run by the people at Baseball Mogul It is handled by a third party.
    This isn't true. I used to be a moderator here. The software is vbullentin but the admins are Clay.

I love BBM but I agree, the interface needs a major overhaul. It's time to switch to tabs and a more modern batting/pitching screens.

I love the interface. Everything is straightforward and not cluttered.

Agree with that it's easy to use.
    But the grapical look is totally out of date...!
    I really don't know what to do this year...
    Love to support Clay as a small developer.
    But the new features list is short and I can't find it worth 40 dollars...
    And the way Clay handles requests and mails unfortunately doesn't help much to change my view...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mikey View Post
    I love the interface. Everything is straightforward and not cluttered.
    I can understand that the interface is clear and uncluttered. i am not proposing big changes. I would just like to see options for displaying information. TAbs or buttons to change between displays (the drop downs take multiple clicks). I would like to see the pitchers seasonal W/L and ERA without clicking around. If helpful, i could come up with illustrations but it seems this forum is not viewed much by the developers. (IMHO).

Still i like baseball mogul and have supported the product for over ten years. However, the yearly updates don't seem to offer much in the way of interface display options.

I am not sure if i will purchase this years. Not much of a change for me since i like to play games out.

There are new rosters i know, but i am a pirate fan. A new roster doesn't mean much.

I did it again...
    Bought the new version just to support Clay...!
    Hope I don't need to go for the moneyback-guarantee first time...
    Hope it was woth it especially when I had also preordered OOTP22 also and wait for the release on friday.

And for the GUI:
    I updated my skin "Smooth Blue" to version 21. See mod forum:
    http://mogulforums.com/showthread.ph...73#post1627973

I know what you mean. I ordered OOTP but not baseball mogul. I always tell myself i will skip BM until they make some effort in updating the interface, and information display, for P-b-P users.

...then i buy it anyway. I do like the program and want to support the developer.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by sth0009 View Post
    If helpful, i could come up with illustrations but it seems this forum is not viewed much by the developers. (IMHO).
    I would definitely look at a sketch/illustration. And would be good to see if other folks on here agree.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com