Thread: Closing the Player Gulf - Draftees

Closing the Player Gulf - Draftees

This is a kind of specific issue, but bear with me.

Mogul 2011

You start a fresh game. Its 2010. Players that were drafted in 2009 and had high ceilings are in the file: Strasburg, Mike Trout, Nolan Arenado. All good.

But, say you want to play 2009 and redo that draft. You want to play the Nationals and see what happens when you take Mike Trout first. Awesome! That's what Mogul is for.

Except, if you start a 2009 game, the draftee class is entirely fictional. Not like Strasburg, Arenado, Trout, Kipnis, Minor, and then 100 fictional guys, but...not a single real name. Even the guys the game DB has as 2009 draftees.

How do I make the game use real players in the year-before-current-roster draft? I'm betting the same problem exists today. Boot up Mogul 2020, start the 2019 season, and I bet the game won't produce Rutschman, Witt, Logan Davidson, etc.

If you've seen my other draftee posts, you know that I run a Mogul 2011 league, and worked really hard to get all the real-life players that debut'd after 2010 into the data files. It's been great, having the Daniel Nava's of the world, and other late bloomers, in our draftee files from 2000 all the way to 2008. It keeps the game real and keeps some players happy. Now, however, we hit 2009 and the game stops looking at these data files. We're hoping its a setting or a configuration, because it's a ton of data work for nothing if the game stops importing youngsters the year before its roster date.

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Re: Closing the Player Gulf - Draftees

Okay Mogul 2020 actually creates real rookies. Not the guys drafted in 2019, for some reason, but if you start a game in March 2019 it'll populate the draft with real players. even photos! Well I'll be.