Thread: All time league does not have all time players

All time league does not have all time players

Too many players missing from early 1900's
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Re: All time league does not have all time players

I wonder if it has to with being forced to start any custom league in the year 2020.
    All the older players, that I have seen, are listed as dead & some just don't appear in the lineups; even though the files for doing this (?) list all the players.
    What is really...creepy, is if you unretire the ones who don't appear in the lineups, you get a message about raising them from the dead.
    You can do it, but now I feel like a...necromancer.

Yeah I've seen that about the zombie warning message. I guess he had to say something in the game about that.

Post Re: All time league does not have all time players

I don't think this has anything to do specifically with 2020. If you just compare the number of players in the early teams for regular teams as opposed to the all-star all time players there are still far lest than in the regular game whether they can be unretired or raised from the dead or whatever the case. Why it is I have absolutely no idea as you know.

I did e-mail Clay regarding this. With the quarantine you should be able to fix?
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

1. There is a bug with age calculation for "time-shifted" players that I'm fixing in Version 23.05 right now.

2. All of the players for "All-Time All-Stars" are hard-coded into "All-Time All-Stars.csv" in the Input/Players folder. (In other words, there is no algorithm to select the best players throughout history on each team.)

Of the 1,272 player seasons in this file, only 186 are before 1950. So if there aren't "enough" pre-1950 players it's not a bug as much as a bias for more recent players by the Mogul fans who selected the best players for each team.

You can flesh out the teams by adding players before 1950. Just be sure to add the player's Baseball-Reference "Register" ID in the first column (this is the ID you see in the URL if you visit a player's B-R page and then click "Minor Lg Stats").

Clay
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Will the new patch address the issue per Custom Leagues?

Yeah the custom league problem seems to be revolving around some other issue as far as I can tell. Would like to see that solved. I think it's some diference in the databases between now and going back to mogul 2017 but don't know what that might be.

Should have a patch up this week (by May 8, 2020) that fixes this. I fixed the old/dead players, but some of the Yankees aren't loading for some reason.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Great news Clay, thank you.

Thanks for fixing this!!

Relish this day..