Thread: 22.10 (and all prior games, I think?) - Calendars never change

22.10 (and all prior games, I think?) - Calendars never change

The calendar in-game never changes. It is always the same day of week on the same date. April 1 is always a Monday. I would like real calendars imported if possible.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Re: 22.10 (and all prior games, I think?) - Calendars never change

not all prior games -
    BM2018 has april 1st 2024 as a sunday
    BM2011 has april 1st 2003 as tuesday

that's just what I had up and available. Maybe this is 2k19 only?

Can't say as I've seen this but the schedules all seem to have the year 2002 in the text files, don't know why that would be but as I've said I can't say as I've seen that one before. While I'm thinking of it, Not until the last maybe 10 years or so have I noticed them utilizing the actual MLB schedules. Would definitely like to see them start using some of the older ones as well but could see this being a possible issue as it relates to the early 1900s as some of these series/games are scheduled much further apart than probably I'd say the last probably 50 years or more or so and probably longer than that.
    Last edited by Joey_baseball; 01-23-2020 at 07:03 PM. Reason: additions

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_baseball View Post
    While I'm thinking of it, Not until the last maybe 10 years or so have I noticed them utilizing the actual MLB schedules. Would definitely like to see them start using some of the older ones as well but could see this being a possible issue as it relates to the early 1900s as some of these series/games are scheduled much further apart than probably I'd say the last probably 50 years or more or so and probably longer than that.
    You aren't ever going to see Mogul use actual schedules for historical seasons because this game does not support doubleheaders. In the past all teams played a ton of doubleheaders every year, although the number has gradually declined over the decades.

I looked at the 1960 season, 60 years ago, and I found that the AL champion Yankees played 19 doubleheaders while the NL champion Pirates played 17. Go back just a few more years and you will find that teams routinely played 20 or more a year. Many of these games were part of the original schedule, and some were makeup games due to dates lost to bad weather. Now, no one schedules doubleheaders any more, they are all makeup games.

So Mogul, as it stands, can not use historical schedules because BM limits us to one game per day. That's fine with me, actually, but the schedules themselves leave a lot to be desired. I started making my own schedules for historical seasons to ensure realism and accuracy, but I can tell you that it's a time consuming process. And no doubleheaders then either.

I figured out the culprit. This happens when you add teams. At 32 teams/36 teams (which is the max Mogul can handle without breaking) Monday is always April 1 in Diamond.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...