Thread: Charts

Charts

Any ideas as to why my charts are no longer updating? I've tried several ways to alleviate the problem and yet it still persists. I have BBM 2019 and have updated to the current patch. I started a season in 2005 and they updated the 2006 season but after that nothing, and I'm now playing in 2008. The chart section looks grayed ot on the player screen...any ideas?

Re: Charts

Why is it impossible to get a response on this issue?

Hi there spanky,

There's not much activity on the boards nowadays. Clay previously had a staff member that would patrol and investigate or respond, but I believe he has moved on.

To file a good bug report, a screenshot of your issue is best, since it is display-based. Once Clay or someone knowledgeable saw the issue they may be able to replicate it, or it may be something local to your install. Often someone will ask for the entire .MOG file to be uploaded so they can take a look.

However there's no real fast turnaround time. It may be weeks or months before someone takes a look, especially if no one else is seeing the same issue. If it is unique to your install - or perhaps just this one game you started - then it's unlikely to ever be looked at or addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Hi there spanky,

There's not much activity on the boards nowadays. Clay previously had a staff member that would patrol and investigate or respond, but I believe he has moved on.

To file a good bug report, a screenshot of your issue is best, since it is display-based. Once Clay or someone knowledgeable saw the issue they may be able to replicate it, or it may be something local to your install. Often someone will ask for the entire .MOG file to be uploaded so they can take a look.

However there's no real fast turnaround time. It may be weeks or months before someone takes a look, especially if no one else is seeing the same issue. If it is unique to your install - or perhaps just this one game you started - then it's unlikely to ever be looked at or addressed.
    TY so much for the response...So this is probably a "dead" platform, maybe it's time to check out "Action! PC Baseball"?

Well don't give up on the game just yet. There are free versions going back a few years, so if you are having issues with the most recent, an older, more stable version might be the answer.

Many Mogul players still exist, hanging out in discord, running online leagues. That's really the best way to play, to wheel and deal and strategize with other live minds instead of simulators. My main league uses Mogul 2011, for instance - some issues with player development and interface turn us off from newer versions.

Mogul can be a fine game. You just have to learn to deal with its bugs and issues, to get the most fun out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Well don't give up on the game just yet. There are free versions going back a few years, so if you are having issues with the most recent, an older, more stable version might be the answer.

Many Mogul players still exist, hanging out in discord, running online leagues. That's really the best way to play, to wheel and deal and strategize with other live minds instead of simulators. My main league uses Mogul 2011, for instance - some issues with player development and interface turn us off from newer versions.

Mogul can be a fine game. You just have to learn to deal with its bugs and issues, to get the most fun out of it.
    TY for the response, I've been purchasing BBM since 2009, so I do have past options. I'm just upset at how many problems I've had with 2019, now I have a player who always needs rest. I sit him for 1-3 days and the game still says he needs rest. I always liked the "charts" option to see how I set my lineup for the pitcher playing that night for the team I control. Since that for some reason doesn't work any more it just takes that much away from the game for me. I'm just disappointed more than anything else., and I probably won't purchase any new programs after this since the lack of support seems to have died with this platform.

My guess is that you're using the 22.12 version? I know he has an unofficial one out as sort of a 2020 preview of sorts but thought I'd ask just to be sure.