Thread: Best Version Ever...So far.

Best Version Ever...So far.

I am quite pleased with this new edition FM 20.
    Every season from 1951 to present & the game results are much improved.
    Thank you Clay, well done.

Re: Best Version Ever...So far.

Hi Ed, I had noticed yesterday that there seemed to be some numbers not in the correct order for the 1952 last season stat line that looked out of place so I moved some things around a little bit to have the numbers make more sense. Also Benny Snell for whatever reason Clay had in as a CB and not RB. The other thing I'm waiting on him fixing is at the end of the third quarter especially it says sometimes something like "the teams switch ends as we start the third quarter." This makes no sense to me and unfortunately has been around a while now to get on my nerves. The other thing that's still kind of odd is when you change players in the game the stats are screwed up going to the wrong players and stuff, the box score is right but the players on the screen at the end are what I have an issue with. e-mail me if you want a new 2019 and 1952 Universe. For the steelers I also added some players for 2019 to better match the actual roster at this time. Some local area guys too. Probably about three or four of those. The birthdays aren't really exactly correct but to make it easier I gave the ones that I added at or close to the NFL Minimum salary. I have to agree this is a good version

Thanks, I will investigate. I haven't tried all the years yet & with all the data this sim makes available, I am not surprised there are some...errors.
    I have also notice the "the teams switch ends as we start the third quarter" bug, but it never really bothered me. Unless the 'wind' does play a factor.

A suggestion FB/RB positions. If one wants the greats like Jim Brown & Jim Taylor, for example , to get their numbers in replays you MUST switch their FB status to RB status.
    You could, also, give those teams a playbook that features the FB in their running game...but switching their positions works just fine.

Yeah I would almost think you'd have to change their positions around or another thing you can change said offense to 2 running backs although that doesn't necessarily guarantee that someone like Jim Brown would get the carries that they should get for how they were really utilized. The game summary thing at the end really bugs me cuz the stats are just fine through the game and when the game summary comes about you have to go to the box score to see the correct statistics. In the game I just got done with as and example, George Thomas came in later in the game and lit the Redskins up in fact running 78 yards for a touchdown on a second and 25 play after an unnecesseary roughness penalty was called on the Offensive line amidst a dropped interception. Thomas should have been awarded the player of the game and he was not. In the summary the player of the game was given to Joe Scott who like Thomas also came in late in the game but didn't do nearly as much or had anywhere near as much effect on the game. good game though a tie at 17. Another thing that I noticed is the game at the end said time is up going to overtime and the way he's got the league set up that ovetime box is unchecked so there is no overtime. I feel like the going to overtime part should be eliminated in the play-by-play if that box is unchecked and overtime is not happening in that case.

Yeah I would almost think you'd have to change their positions around or another thing you can change said offense to 2 running backs although that doesn't necessarily guarantee that someone like Jim Brown would get the carries that they should get for how they were really utilized. The game summary thing at the end really bugs me cuz the stats are just fine through the game and when the game summary comes about you have to go to the box score to see the correct statistics. In the game I just got done with as and example, George Thomas came in later in the game and lit the Redskins up in fact running 78 yards for a touchdown on a second and 25 play after an unnecesseary roughness penalty was called on the Offensive line amidst a dropped interception. Thomas should have been awarded the player of the game and he was not. In the summary the player of the game was given to Joe Scott who like Thomas also came in late in the game but didn't do nearly as much or had anywhere near as much effect on the game. good game though a tie at 17. Another thing that I noticed is the game at the end said time is up going to overtime and the way he's got the league set up that ovetime box is unchecked so there is no overtime. I feel like the going to overtime part should be eliminated in the play-by-play if that box is unchecked and overtime is not happening in that case.I don't know if this is new or not but putting the ga/offense in 2 running backs now seems to allow for the FB to be one of the two. I don't know if that is different from past years or not.

I'm very excited about the historical schedules added in 17.01. It has finally addressed a real frustration of mine that was in a certain range of years you could choose a team in 1977 say through 1980 and have the exact team schedule every year. In other words no matter what the year was the game would give the teams all the same schedules which I always thought absolutely ridiculous.