Thread: Expand Rosters & Minor Leagues

Expand Rosters & Minor Leagues

Since I have playing this game since 2003, the rosters have never increased. You used to have a rookie level for the minor leagues but still the number of maximum players have never changed from 55. With MLB pitching staffs moving to a more common 12-13 pitchers and the minor leagues have the same number, the simple math would calculate to 52 pitchers. It would not even take in account any players on the IL. I enjoy having a full minor league system and the current roster configuration is not sufficient.

Next year proposal

MLB (13 pitchers)
    AAA (13 Pitchers)
    AA (13 Pitchers)
    High A (13 Pitchers)
    Low A (13 Pitchers)
    Rookie (13 Pitchers)

80 Total Pitchers would suffice

The current 55 is a tad bit low.

Re: Expand Rosters & Minor Leagues

I have seen the rosters expand once the game hits Sept 1. The problem that I recently noticed was when playing an all-star game, the game was showing up to 18 pitchers including the one that was starting of course. There was only 4 bench players, this was in a American league park, Cleveland in 2018 so I realize that that already takes away one position player off the bench but my thinking was that there should be close to an equal number of pitchers and batters in an all-star gameone can pick from to substitute. I'd say this especially true during an all-star game and I was of course trying to switch out players frequently to get as many in the game as possible. Oh while I'm thinking of it, late in the game I was not able to switch Clayton Kershaw for Walker Buehler. I don't know what happened on that but he wasn't hurt or in triple a or anything. Which for the pitchers in this scenario there should not be any listed as AAA. That didn't make sense to me either, I don't care how many of them are listed. Those that were marked as AAA I definitely could not use them when I was looking for another pitcher to take over.

Re: Expand Rosters & Minor Leagues

I was referring to the entire roster that can be imported and used in the game. The rosters have always had flexibility for pitchers and batters for the major league roster, but as a team, minors and majors combined, you cannot exceed a total of 55 pitchers or 70 fielders.