Thread: where are the home towns of the players?

where are the home towns of the players?

I am totally new to Forum, so I don't know how threads work:

I love everything but one about BM2019: I have never had a physical baseball card, or a player presented in Baseball Mogul, that didn't include the players place of birth. Therefore I am really missing these. I could have done without the birthdays, but I am just very curious why Clay would have decided to strip out all the home towns. It just puts a real hole in what I have enjoyed for my whole baseball-loving life.

Thanks for allowing me this word. I hope I am able to figure how to see any answer to my question.

Re: where are the home towns of the players?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. The date and place of birth for each player is on that individuals player page under "vitals". Are you suggesting this info should be somewhere else?

The home town or birthplace as I think Clay calls it should still be in the list of editable stats. I wasn't aware that that went away.to get there,You of course would have to go to the scouting report of a player and hit the edit player button first to get to the ratings.

Well it souns more like he just doesn't know quite where to go to find it as he's relatively new to the game.

Oh and if I'm not mistaken if you happen to be like in a box score or game recap and they're set to html I am pretty sure if you click on any player you should get vitals on them including the hometown/birthplace/birthcountry as well.

Actually, if they aren't on the vitals they aren't anywhere, however most players have them.

In fact I have had this game just about every year since 2007. But at least in the version 2008, the version I recieved on buying Baseball Mogul 2019, the "vitals" on all the player cards come with height, weight, birthdate, but a blank space where hometowns used to be. If this is just missing on my copy of the game, I wonder if there is a fix possible for this. I really miss being able to figure out whether two guys of the same name are brothers; or whether guys I am thinking of acquiring might be from around the area where my team lives.

Thanks for any fix anyone might provide me. Glad to hear the hometowns seem widely to exist; hopefully i don't have to wait till the 2020 game to get them back.

PS, I meant above to say, in V22.08, which is the version I am running at the moment.