Thread: 22.06 Drafted players receive huge salaries

22.06 Drafted players receive huge salaries

I tried to start a Cleveland dynasty in 1954. I drafted six players in June. By the end of July, I was bankrupt. I went in and checked. All of the players that I drafted were making $100,000 to $200,000. I stopped and deleted. Next night I tried again with the 1954 Milwaukee Braves, I got to the draft. First two guys I drafted increased my payroll by $350,000. I quit again. What causes this?

Re: 22.06 Drafted players receive huge salaries

.mog file sent to you by hightail.

22.08. Tried again with new version. 1954 Indians. Played until draft. All draftees signed to one year contracts at high salaries instead of monor league contracts.

22.08 I am having this same issue in a 1940 season. 2 of my draft picks received contracts of $20,000 + making it impossible to make money for the team. I had to go in and change their salaries to what the other draft picks were making. This issue along with the issue in the post I posted about the players ages make the game very close to not worth playing and going back to a previous version.

Question Re: 22.06 Drafted players receive huge salaries

Sorry, I can't figure out how to start a new thread, so I'll just drop a short line here:

I love everything but one about BM2019: I have never had a physical baseball card, or a player presented in Baseball Mogul, that didn't include the players place of birth. Therefore I am really missing these. I could have done without the birthdays, but I am just very curious why Clay would have decided to strip out all the home towns. It just puts a real hole in what I have enjoyed for my whole baseball-loving life.

Thanks for allowing me this word. I hope I am able to figure how to see any answer to my question.

Still having the problem. Tried a 1968 Tigers franchise. Went to the 1st draft and my top choice was signed for $500,000 for one year which more than doubled the team payroll. 22.08

Even if you start in 2019, it looks like draft picks will sign major league contracts (for the minimum, thankfully) instead of minor league contracts. It doesn't hurt as much in 2019 starts as in historic starts, because a few extra contracts for the major league minimum aren't going to hurt as much.

I have been playing BM for years and this is the first time I have ever seen this happen. Hard to play a dynasty when your first draft causes bankruptcy.