Thread: Player Editor

Player Editor

How is this new feature supposed to work?

"Edit individual ratings directly, or edit their statistical projections and click "Recalculate Ratings".

I know how to do editing but if I use this new "recalculate function" seems strange. Example:

Dennis Santana rated 80 overall and peak 91

If I use recalculate without touching any stats he goes up to 92/96? With movement at 137...Buehler goes to 99/99...

Re: Player Editor

The player editor has not really worked well (for me at least) since it was adjusted from editing the predicted stats to changing the individual ratings directly. Small changes in the ratings sometimes show gigantic swings in the predicted stats, making it very hard to fine tune. Also, the overall and peak ratings do not always update unless you close the editor and re-open. Very frustrating...I (and I know I might be the only one) would really love the ability to just adjust the predicted stats directly, and have it assign the ratings from there...if others prefer the direct ratings editor still, then is there anyway to have both as an option?

The new player editor is one of the reasons I've stuck with Diamond for so long.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbassguy View Post
    The new player editor is one of the reasons I've stuck with Diamond for so long.
    The only feedback I've seen from Clay was that "everyone" was begging for the ability to edit ratings directly. I can't and won't claim to be privy to all the feedback they've gotten, but I don't think I remember seeing any posts here asking for that.

Any way anyone's found to possibly just drop in player info maybe from one Mog to another that would include the stat lines from each year? Thanks.

I think so, but it depends on what you're trying to do. Also, the databases don't seem to be working the same as before, so no guarantees.

What exactly are you trying to do? You talking about from one saved game to another, or from like BM16 to BM19? Adding a single player's info or all players?

You used to be able to just change the info in the csv files and it would make the changes you wanted, but for some reason it is no longer so simple.

I'm trying to take one player from one mog to another, not going from year to year's game. I have a all-time team that I am trying to add someone to where that player doesn't exist anywhere in the Mog to which I'm trying to add him.