Thread: Profit Miscalculation

Profit Miscalculation

Check this one out. This team has never made less than $44M. I am sure the counter used to add up all the profit overflows and causes this bug. Easist fix is to round each year off to the nearest $K so that the numbers will not get too big.

Name:  Mogul - Profit Bug.PNG
Views: 39
Size:  729.9 KB

Re: Profit Miscalculation

It is unlikely to be a counter overflow. Profit can store and display numbers over 1 billion. I do see that your team has over $200 million in cash which can account for lower profits. The more cash on hand, the greater your team's expenses. Hence, lower profits. At the start of each year use your cash to trade for better players and to buy (or upgrade) draft picks.

Unlikely? I practically guarantee it. Anyway, I need the cash to pay for the signing bonuses. i usually have around 30 picks a year, so it pays to go into the draft with two or three hundred million. If i have more than 2 first rounders, I'll need more. Since the game cheats and allows computer players to draft the number 1 overall pick and give him no signing bonus and a meager few million a year whereas i need 100+ million signing bonus for the same pick.

Sorry for the delayed response. But to address your comments/concerns:
    1. Agree that the computer teams cheat - even on Fan level! The Salary Cap and "Cash on Hand" have no meaning for them and, as you noted, they sign players for a song.
    2. Under the League Editor, set the Salary Demands to -50 (or -70). This will let you compete on signings more fairly.
    3. Instead of stacking up draft picks, sign players by making direct offers to teams. Quality players NEVER become Free Agents since the Salary Cap is not imposed on the computer teams. And using the trading block will rarely get offers of top players.
    4. Draft Quarterbacks and trade them for players at other positions. The computer teams will give up multiple quality players for a single good QB (in direct trades - not using the Trading Block). The younger the QB the better.
    5. The profit calculation is unlikely to be a counter overflow. It is most likely a bug in the calculation of the team's profit. FB Mog can store numbers over 1 billion (easily verified in earlier versions of FB Mog). In the current version of FB Mog, the developer has made two changes to the amount stored, entered and displayed. A. Using the League Editor the maximum entry is $1 billion (also the maximum displayed elsewhere). B. For trades, the maximum $ amount is 100,000,000.
    Check out the attached file.
    Note that Arizona has $987,654,321 displayed in the League Editor and in the Finance screen it shows as $987 million. Washington has $999 million. This is what leads me to believe your result is a calculation error (or a poor profit algorithm) and not an overflow error.
    Attached Images Attached Images