Thread: High Expenses

High Expenses

What gives? My payroll is half of other teams, and yet, somehow my expenses are not the least in the league....

Name:  bug.png
Views: 6
Size:  449.8 KB

Re: High Expenses

How earnings are done is, for all practical purposes, broken. There will be years when your income is a billion $ and years when you lose $1 billion. It has nothing to do with your record, fan base or any other factor that I have been able to determine. There is a relationship to the amount of cash you start the year with but that does not account for those billion years. If you start the year with over $100 million in cash expect to lose money that year -- and they more you have the more you will lose.

Just for fun, start a new franchise and set your team's cash to $200 million. Save the game. Run a season and note your expenses. Reload the saved game, set your team's cash to $1 million. Run a season and note your expenses. In one run my expenses were $394 million when starting with $200 million in cash and $242 million when starting with $1 million in cash. With no difference in the team's performance (0 wins for both runs).

If you think that perhaps a good team makes a difference, change the ratings of all you starters to 99 and turn injuries off and repeat the runs. For this scenario, my expenses were $395 million when starting with $200 million and $248 million when starting with $1 million (16 wins for both runs).

So, is this a bug or a "feature"? (possibly to keep all teams within the same range of cash on hand??)