Thread: Rongard's return

Rongard's return

I never thought Iíd be back, Guys. Iíve actually been through Hospice on the understanding that I would die shortly after landing there. Medication and the TLC of dedicated staff pulled me out of that dying condition, eventually, and now Iím established in a care Home with equally attentive staff.
    I am not a happy camper, besides my two heart attacks, I now have problems arising from hospitalizaion and medication, which have affected me physically and mentally. I am sunk into a state where everything bores me, reading, writing, television, you name it, in this state of apathy. The only gleam of hope was that I was still interested in computing ,and I no longer had adequate access to it, until I borrowed the tablet owned by my caregiver, Patsy, she who has been my tower of strength during these trying times, in so many ways.
    Like most Seniors I had trouble learning a new technology on a machine far advanced in performance to those installed in the local library but I feel over the hump, now, and ready to resume writing.
    Returning to continue ďSpikesĒ is no longer an option, since I donít even have the game any more, it sinking with my last ancient home ďAcerĒ laptop. I can only be grateful now, for the countless hours of enjoyment from a great game, and the bonhominy to be found in these forums. So Iíll give an account of how I landed here, keeping boredom at bay Ö from all of us! I hope to post this diary for your interest regularly, if not daily. Enjoy, Guys!
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Re: Rongard's return

Very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have endured. Sounds like you have been through a lot. Glad that you've survived and things are a little better.

I remember you from the "old days", maybe 2006-2010 or so, when there was a lot of activity on these forums. It's different now. Few people commenting on anything. I remember that you claimed to be one of the older guys here. Maybe an old Washington Senators fan. Not sure.

Hang in there man.

Hi Swampdog,
    Thank you for your good wishes. Yes I 've noticed the difference since I've been back but nothing lasts for ever does it?

Never mind there'll always be a forum as long as it has a couple of old- timers like us to support it...

By the way, I'm 87 - probably the oldest guy in these forums

Best wishes

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Two days before my life went sideways, I was pondering on how good that life was. Apart from a dickey heart, I was healthy, energetic, had a good appetite, was sleeping well. I had few problems and an interesting project going (The writing of "Spikes" in the Dynasty forums )

The following Monday morning, that bad heart changed for the worst..... after dragging myself out of bed, shwering , dressing, eating breakfast, and working on "Spikes" , on my way to deliveing the article online , I collapsed outside the library where the computer lay waiting. I had driven my self too hard and was now a candidate for another stay in the hosptal.

After beddding down at the Jube for a couple of weeks, my condition was such that the Brass decided that the Royal Jubilee Hospice was the place for me - gone was my health, my energy, my interest in life....all that I wanted to do was rest or die. And on one fine Saturday morning, I was given to understand, most tactfully that I had but a few days to live. It was put to me this way, most memorably .

"We could decide that we would put in a stent there, and patch up another part of your heart there ...and you'd die peacfully. within the week...." pronounced the chief doctor ".....Or we could do nothing and you'd die peacefully within the week":

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

rongar? you still kicking bud? I hope so! If so, merry christmas and happy new year!

Muddy is a mogul league player who is in his 80s as well. You two should both be interviewed to speak to the fun Mogul can be in your later years!

Oh and i forgot - I visited Victoria BC for the first time in May, as a stop on my Alaska cruise. Very nice gardens you have there!