Thread: When do Historical Schedules Start?

When do Historical Schedules Start?

Playing Mogul 2018, I see that the schedules exactly match each team's real life schedule. But I previously played the 1979, 80 and 81 schedules in Mogul 2008, and this wasn't the case. As a result, you sometimes got odd schedules, like 3 or 4 series with the same team in the same month, or playing a team on the road, and then immediately playing that same team at home.

So, what's the first year in the game that the teams use Historically Correct Playing Schedules?

Re: When do Historical Schedules Start?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shlabotnik View Post
    So, what's the first year in the game that the teams use Historically Correct Playing Schedules?
    Good question. "Never" is the answer. The schedules in BM have always been an issue, and while they have improved they are still awful for historical play. I recently mentioned this in another post. I actually made my own schedules for historical seasons, which is all I play.

Well, I've been playing a team in the 2018 schedule, and all the games for this year match the same game on that day. But is this the first year that's happened, then?

I didn't know you could make your own schedules.

Well, I've been playing a team in the 2018 schedule, and all the games for this year match the same game on that day. But is this the first year that's happened, then?
    OK, I see what you're asking. I don't know the answer. It might be the first version that uses actual MLB schedules. I would have no way of knowing, since I only play seasons before 1995 or so. As I mentioned, those schedules are inaccurate, rather awful.

The game, as it is, will never have the actual schedules from historical seasons. The main reason is because, in years past, teams played lots and lots of doubleheaders. Mogul does not support more than one game per day.

I didn't know you could make your own schedules.
    You can, and I have. One thing that always irritated me about BM is the lack of divisional games in September. Since 1969 (first year of divisional play) teams played most or all September games against division opponents. At least, in real life they did. That way there were dramatic battles between divisional rivals. In Mogul, however, the opposite is true. Just about all September games are outside the division. That's stupid, at least to me. My schedules correct that.

Well It shouldn't be hard to bring historical schedules in I wouldn't think. Going back and looking at say the early 1900s for example, there might be a week between games and so forth. This could be because of flooding in different cities fields' unplayability and so forth. I think that's part of the reason why historical schedules are not part of the game at least back that far.

Two posts back in this thread....

"The game, as it is, will never have the actual schedules from historical seasons. The main reason is because, in years past, teams played lots and lots of doubleheaders. Mogul does not support more than one game per day."

Mogul does not include doubleheaders. Therefore, it is impossible to play the actual schedules from historical seasons. Through the 1950's, maybe the 1960's, teams played more than 20 doubleheaders a year. So unless the scheduling format in Mogul is changed there will be no "accurate" historical schedules.

Well, at least this year, the schedule was 161/162 historical. I played the Astros this season, one game per day, and every game matched the game that was actually being played that day until the doubleheader against the Orioles in the last week. Not totally accurate, but pretty close.

Now, on the other hand, when I played the 1980 Astros, the schedule had no relation at all to the real life schedule. I assume the game rolled the schedule up randomly. And it often produced things that would never happen in real life, like playing a three game series against the Dodgers at home, and then immediately playing another series against them in LA.

Now, on the other hand, when I played the 1980 Astros, the schedule had no relation at all to the real life schedule. I assume the game rolled the schedule up randomly. And it often produced things that would never happen in real life, like playing a three game series against the Dodgers at home, and then immediately playing another series against them in LA.
    Exactly what I've been saying. The game generates its own historical schedules, and they are awful.