Thread: Rosters in Baseball Mogul 2018

Rosters in Baseball Mogul 2018

Hello. While trying to make some changes to a roster in an ongoing season I have uncovered the following. For the 2018 season I have been unable to transfer players from one roster to another using the import/export tool under advanced tools. I don't know if I'm missing something here but I thought if you moved the player from one text file to the other while also moving that same player into the CSV rosters file that gets put in the output folder that I would be able to change my current roster that way. No matter what I'd tried the new players wouldn't show up in the current game. As a result of this I had to make the players from within the scouting report using edit player and commissioner mode. This takes more time and was not my preferred option but I have the players I wanted on the St. Louis Cardinals now that werent' there previously. I was going to stick this in Mods but thought more folks might see it in the general discussion area. Also why is it that when starting a new game and a particular player exists in the 2018 roster csv file that the game does not include said player when the game begins. I'm speaking here of Derian Gonzalez.

Re: Rosters in Baseball Mogul 2018

I have never heard of transferring players by using import/export functions. Maybe it can be done, I don't know.

If I want to move players from one team to another, I just trade them. I use the available superpowers to force the trade. You can force a star player to a different team for a small amount of cash, if you don't want to send another player. Wouldn't this be quicker than creating new players, if that's what you're doing?

Re: Rosters in Baseball Mogul 2018

I've done that before but the situation that i had was a bit different in that the players I wanted on that team in my current mog I'm in now didn't exist in that mog and only would appear if starting a new mog and derian Gonzalez only appeared in the 2018 roster file but hasn't appeared in any mog thus far. That's why I was trying the import/export tool.