Thread: Game Wouldn't Save, Then Deleted Itself [Fixed v21.07]

Exclamation Game Wouldn't Save, Then Deleted Itself [Fixed v21.07]

I really need some help. I have been working on updating rosters, payroll, prospects, cities, stadiums; pretty much everything since the game was released. I was probably a week out from uploading to this site, when all of a sudden the game crapped out. I got some sort of message, don't quite remember what it was. While I was playing the skin started changing to a very generic background and I immediately went to save the game. When I did, the message popped up and said something along the lines that I wasn't able to save the game at that time. After trying a couple of times, the deathly message popped up that the program was no longer responding. I quickly opened the game back up and then my saved game was gone. Nothing there, seemingly deleted. I looked in the Sports Mogul folder and still had a folder for my save game in the Output Folder, but nowhere to be found is the actually saved game MOG file. Please help and please tell me there is a possible way to bring this game back. I put so much work into these rosters and really feel most of the board would love to have the update.

NEED HELP!

Re: Game Wouldn't Save, Then Deleted Itself

I had the same issue, but toward the end of the 1st season of a franchise I had started. I never found the MOG file either. Until this is addressed, I recommend saving often between multiple save points, that way if you lose data, you only lose the most recent changes.

Clay,

Please take a look at this. There has to be something that can be done. How can the game just delete itself? It had to have gone somewhere.

It looks like this is being caused by downloaded logos using a PNG format that Baseball Mogul can't handle.

I should have a patch up tonight. For a workaround in the meantime, you should be able to fix the problem by deleting every file in the Downloads folder inside the Logos folder (e.g. "C:\Sports Mogul\Baseball Mogul 2018\Logos\Downloads")

IMPORTANT: If you are getting this problem with the DEFAULT logos (i.e. you never clicked "Download Team Logos"), please let me know so I can look for other causes of this problem.

Thanks!

Clay
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Fresh install
    Reboot
    No logo Downloads
    Game ran fine 3 times in modern and 3 times in Classic 2018
    Would not even run without crashing in Classic 2018 previously

Of course the first thing I did before even playing the game was download logos and photos...

Quote Originally Posted by Woods View Post
    Game ran fine 3 times in modern and 3 times in Classic 2018
    Would not even run without crashing in Classic 2018 previously
    Awesome! I'll get the patch up soon.

EDIT: Patch is now up (Version 21.07): https://www.sportsmogul.com/baseball-mogul-updates.html
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com