Thread: Global Baseball Association (GBAMogul.com)

Cool Global Baseball Association (GBAMogul.com)

GBA is looking for GMs. We're an 18-team league with fictional players and fictional teams, all with custom logos. We've been running since June 2017 but we started with a 3 month long fantasy draft. We're nearing the end of our fourth season and we have a good core of GMs, just not enough to fill the league. We use BM11 because we feel like it's the most superior and stable game for running a league. Our financials are tight and we have rules in place to prevent teams from hoarding too much cash which prevent teams from long-term dynasties and long-term rebuilds. I'm the commish of this league and I'm the only one with the password. We have IFA in GBA but the way we do it there is no file manipulation. Our sims are on Mon-Wed-Fri. Most GM interactions are through XAT or PM, like most mogul leagues.

Open Teams:
    Point Place Vikings (From That 70's Show) - Not a great roster, they're in a need of a rebuild and could be an attractive team to someone looking for a challenge.

Albuquerque Pollos Hermanos (From Breaking Bad) - This team has a solid roster with a good mixture of veteran players and prospects.

Melbourne Heroes - A decent team with a some solid prospects and one of the best pitchers in the file.

We've sorted our divisions geographically all the way through the 2033 season but starting in 2034 we'll be using a tier system that will shake up the whole league each and every season. Since we're in the midst of restructuring the league, if you take a team now you can change your team city and name but after this offseason we'll be requiring GMs to complete 2 full seasons in order to make a change. Stop by and check us out if you're interested, we'd love to see some new blood. Also, we sim our playoffs live on twitch.
    Last edited by GBAMogul; Yesterday at 03:31 PM.

Re: Global Baseball Association (GBAMogul.com)

Houston has been filled. The original post has been updated to reflect that. Sim 8 is tonight @ 9pm ET.

Two new teams just opened up after I caught a GM trying to cheat.

Portland Beavers & Hong Kong Sea Monsters

Stop by and pay us a visit. If you're having trouble with the site using google chrome just keep refreshing, it'll work. If for some reason it doesn't try a different browser.

GBAMogul.com

Portland is filled. We still have 6 open teams. BRO, CCX, DVE, HKS, MEL and MEX. Stop by.

The trade deadline has passed. The playoffs are live this Wednesday on Twitch @ 9pm ET! Stop by and check it out if you're around.

The playoffs are over and the off-season is upon us. This is the perfect time to sign up for a team. Congrats to mattynokes and his Dortmund Gold for winning the 2032 World Series.

Free Agency has begun. We have several open teams. Stop by and check us out.

We're half way through the 2033 season, still going strong we just need a few GMs. We're cutting to 16 teams in the off-season due to the lack of GMs wanting to play in a competitive mogul league these days. We still have quite a few teams open so stop by and check us out if you think you have what it takes to compete with some of the best GMs mogul has to offer.

I'd highly recommend if anyone is looking to join a league, join GBA. I spent a good six months or so in the league, going through the fantasy draft as the GM of the Edinburgh Scots. It's an awesome league with active members, but my workload increased to the point I couldn't participate any more.

If you're a fan of the game then give it a shot, because the people are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DruMcC1 View Post
    I'd highly recommend if anyone is looking to join a league, join GBA. I spent a good six months or so in the league, going through the fantasy draft as the GM of the Edinburgh Scots. It's an awesome league with active members, but my workload increased to the point I couldn't participate any more.

If you're a fan of the game then give it a shot, because the people are awesome.
    Thanks for the kind words Dru. Word has it that we're bringing back the Edinburgh Scots, who were contracted in the move to 20 teams, to replace one of the teams that were named after a real life minor league team. If you ever get the time to join back up we'd love to have you but if not feel free to stop by and chat us up sometime.

I've updated the original post with our current open teams. Now is the perfect time to join as we aren't far from finishing our 2033 season then we're having a short contraction draft before 2034. Stop by and check us out if you're looking for a mogul league that will challenge you as a GM.

We're down to just 3 open teams. The original post has been updated to reflect that. Now is the time.

Just 1 open spot is left. There are 2 teams to choose from but whichever one doesn't get picked will be my team, then we'll be full.

I updated the original post with open teams and some new information. We're switching from XAT to Discord to make it easier for folks to communicate. Discord allow folks to download an app on their phone and still be able to talk while on the go. It also gets rid of the need to have to allow flash every time you visit the website.

Now is the perfect time to join GBA and I'm not just saying that. We're in the midst of a contraction draft and we're allowing folks to change their team names right off the bat instead of the usual two season wait. If you want a competitive mogul league with detailed rules and tough financials, this is the league for you.

We're in the middle of Free Agency and the 2034 season will be starting next week. We have three open teams, two of which have names inspired by real life TV shows. Check them out in the first post, which is updated. Stop by and sign up if you're interested in joining.