Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Baseball Mogul 2018

Re: Baseball Mogul 2018

I agree with you completely. If this season doesn't have any big changes except for a roster update, I will look for a different sim for next year.

First time in three years i bought it.

It was a mistake. Nothing new. Disappointed highly.

Im not going to ask for a refund. I will keep it.

But terrible disappointed in what seems like no new features worthwhile

Well that wasn't exactly what had happened to me. what happened to me was no losing pitcher and the one that was supposed to take the loss said ??? ????? (123-123) . Not was I wanted to do but I went back a day or 2 and re-simmed everything up to the point where that occurred. When that same pitcher pitched again everything was okay after that and still is now.

Don't worry you will, it'll be just fine.

Looks like the website has a list of updates for the 2018 version. One item that interests me says, "improved UI", anyone know what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by sth0009 View Post
    Looks like the website has a list of updates for the 2018 version. One item that interests me says, "improved UI", anyone know what that means?
    UI - User interface.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Sorry, I meant what are the User Interface improvements.
    I should have been more descriptive. I play a lot of play by play and always look for user interface improvements. They never seem to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sth0009 View Post
    Sorry, I meant what are the User Interface improvements.
    I should have been more descriptive. I play a lot of play by play and always look for user interface improvements. They never seem to happen.
    Seems very generic. Not sure what it UI improvements were made?
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

I will continue to support Baseball Mogul and buy the games but I prefer to play with Diamond. The changes in player development that began with 2016 and have continued bother me.

In the last three versions, players will randomly develop to superstars and then drop off a few years later.

I also don't really enjoy the new "edit by ratings" option. Maybe most other players prefer the new methods of editing ratings, but I personally enjoy adding stats and seeing how they change player ratings. The new predicted stats seem very generic when taken from rating inputs.

The new player ratings done by volunteers seem a bit off too. I mean I didn't volunteer to help so I shouldn't complain but it seems any player 25+ has peaked even those in the minors... and quite a few of the rookies have Potential 40, Longevity 100.

I will still play around with 18 but I have found myself stuck on Diamond since its release.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

I believe Diamond was the last version that had predictable stats to generate results. The newer versions generate results from ratings that caused constant updates with the recent versions. The took away from significantly adding more to the game.

I will stick with Football Mogul.

Relish this day..