Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Mogul 2018

Re: Baseball Mogul 2018

Looking for a way to edit game logs, Anyone know of a way to do this. There's a pitcher of mine that the log is all wrong now as it relates to wins and losses. It seems that this pitcher wasn't given a loss for the last game that I played that he was due and from the log the number oflosses are too many before this last game. This last game should have been his 4th loss.

Sooooo, now that the the game is in Beta and some have it, anything new????
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

I'd like to see a viable schedule template for 37+ teams. The game allows 40 total teams but will remove all star game and HR derby at 40.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    Sooooo, now that the the game is in Beta and some have it, anything new????
    Well... No news is no news. I too would like to hear about the new product.

I've been playing a few days now and haven't seen anything stand out as new. I was also disappointed to not have any description of the changes, but decided I've been playing since the late 90's so I may as well support. I wish there was a way to streamline some of the standard year-to-year changes so that Clay and co. could focus on finding new improvements, but I'm guessing there isn't enough money/time for that to be realistic.

I was excited about the potential new scouting option, but I've never seen it change anything when I've selected it.

I haven't heard of any new things being added either but I'm supposing that they're waiting until release to describe the new parts of the game???? I honestly don't know that's the best I can figure.

All I've seen about description comes out of the following: https://www.sportsmogul.com/blog/bas...istorical-sims

I want to buy the latest version of this game but the lack of response to the previous posts/questions is leaving me with many doubts.

nothing leaps out as new in beta mode, and multiple players are on wrong teams, and the player stats on newer rookie or 2nd year players that are starting like on Atlanta or philly for example have an overall rating and peak of less than 70 like they are a A minor.... I love this game play it year round so a few bucks is worth it, but I have to say to not have a game ready by opening day is a disappointment, and having to upgrade it 10 times for a month like in years past sux too, BETA mode should begin in February not opening day

When the full version is released, will we be able transfer a saved game over from the BETA version?

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_baseball View Post
    All I've seen about description comes out of the following: https://www.sportsmogul.com/blog/bas...istorical-sims
    Sigh. Another ratings update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_baseball View Post
    Looking for a way to edit game logs, Anyone know of a way to do this. There's a pitcher of mine that the log is all wrong now as it relates to wins and losses. It seems that this pitcher wasn't given a loss for the last game that I played that he was due and from the log the number oflosses are too many before this last game. This last game should have been his 4th loss.
    This is a bug that I just reported on the Bug Reports under the title: V20.90 Beta Game Log does not match Box Scores. If you look carefully at the last game played, a different player was credited with the loss that should have gone to the pitcher in question. I do not know how to edit the game logs, but I am hopeful this bug can be fixed. There are probably many more pitchers with miss-assigned stats (Not just wins and losses.) What happens is two players have their game logs reversed with the box scores (and the actual results you saw in your game.) This happens with 2 pitchers swap positions in the bullpen or rotation.

Agreed completely. Having updates for the previous year's game the month before you're releasing a new game is crazy. Either commit to having a finished product or commit to fixing the product you have. Maybe having a new game every other year, with a roster update, would allow them to fix issues that arise while focusing on making changes and improvements for the next game. I buy it regardless because I've been playing since the 90s, but to not even have a description of what is new is beyond baffling!

I would like to support the product and developer. However, with no report of improvement, outside the expected roster update (and the recent blog article), there seems no reason to upgrade. I play other baseball sims (ootp, action!) but return to mogul from time to time. I like the product. Yet without any substantial updates I can't justify making a purchase.

I buy it every year. It's a habit.