Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Mogul 2018

Baseball Mogul 2018

First, like everyone else, I must say how much I appreciate this game, and I feel guilty for not having purchased a new version in quite some time.

But there's a question I have always wondered about. This year, like most years, the 2018 version is scheduled to be released during the same week that the regular season starts. For many of us huge fans of baseball, we sit around in late January, and throughout February, just dreaming of baseball..... waiting for baseball..... itching to see any kind of action.

I understand the necessity to wait and see where players end up, particularly free agents, and try and get them added to their new clubs in the newest version of the game.

However, I can say with certainty that if the new Baseball Mogul version came out in early February each year, I would buy it every single season. This is simply because I need baseball, I live and breathe baseball. And this time of year is worst of all for waiting. Yet each year with the new version of Baseball Mogul being released at the same time, and coinciding with the start of the season, I become far too distracted by the real games when they arrive, and Baseball Mogul gets set on the back burner.

I'm wondering why the new version can't be released earlier, to appease the fans of baseball (like myself), that are dreaming of the crack of the bat.... but still have to wait another couple months for the real thing? (especially for those of us that don't really follow spring training).

Sorry for all the words to ask a single question, but it lingers in my mind each and every year.

Re: Baseball Mogul 2018

I like the idea of releasing the game earlier and having a roster update when the season starts. However, I am not sure what Clay will add or how long it will take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

I just saw your post. I was going to purchase the 2017 mogul but if a new version comes out in a month or so i'll continue playing the Demo. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll probably buy it just because I support Clay and his hard work, but I still use Diamond despite owning 16/17.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

I don't have a problem with when it comes out, I'd like to know what's going to be different between mogul 17 and mogul 18. If the only difference is going to be updated roster then I can't myself spending $34.99 on a updated roster. I'd like to see some real changes.

I like the game and have been supportive, I most like will continue, but I would really like to see some interface improvements. I have specified suggestions in the past but won't repeat here.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbassguy View Post
    I'll probably buy it just because I support Clay and his hard work, but I still use Diamond despite owning 16/17.
    Same. There hasn't been a good new game since Diamond.
    “The bases are loaded, just like [Marlins manager] Jack McKeon probably wishes he was.”
    -Skip Caray
    RIP 8/12/1939- 8/3/2008

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...ething-Special

Does anyone know what will be updated??
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

If there isn't any big changes between 17-18, I'd like for them to offer an 2018 roster update for BM 2017. I really like the latest version so I'd be willing to pay $15 bucks for a complete roster update.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesy goodness View Post
    If there isn't any big changes between 17-18, I'd like for them to offer an 2018 roster update for BM 2017. I really like the latest version so I'd be willing to pay $15 bucks for a complete roster update.
    We really don't know what changes will occur besides the 2018 season. Have not really heard much besides a roster update.

Relish this day..

Often wondered if it were possible to continue in a particular mog but use the next year's rosters??? Anyone have any ideas about this?

Any updates to this?

Quote Originally Posted by boomboom View Post
    Any updates to this?
    Not much.

Relish this day..

I have been looking around for any description of mogul 2018 new features. With product due out the end of march I was hoping for some news.

The only updates I am looking for is an ability to add a 4th division and allow a league builder to have up to 32 teams not 30!

I know there are other updates people are asking for, but these have been the two major additions I have been looking for the past 10 years or so.

Relish this day..