Thread: AI crazy about substitutions

AI crazy about substitutions

When the DH is in force, the AI seems to ignore the DH when substituting for a player injured out for a couple of days or resting.

Normally, I carry a catcher, first baseman, two infielders, and two outfielders on the bench. When the DH is in force, one of these reserves serves as the DH. If the catcher or the first baseman are the DH and the regular C or 1B are rested or briefly injured, the AI does not move them over as replacements, but sticks and infielder or outfielder into the slot.

In a recent dynasty, the DH was the reserve catcher. The regular catcher only caught 130 games (no long injury stopped play). The other reserves split the remaining 32 games at catcher while the actual reserve catcher logged 162 games at DH.

I would think that the AI would do a better job of substitution.

Re: AI crazy about substitutions

This is a longstanding issue with BM.

You can have an appropriate reserve on the bench, and the AI will choose, for example, to have Harold Baines start multiple games at 2B.
    When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a Communist - Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara
    Career Paths: 1901 and Beyond

My last.fm

To further underscore this point, in a 1904 mog that I'm running for the pirates, after I made a trade, in my lefthanded lineup it put Jimmy sebring as my first baseman and had Frank isbell in Right field. This should have been switched as sebring is not an infielder although it's true that isbell can do both.

Thanks for the specific examples. The one with the backup catcher as the DH is something I hadn't been worrying about.

I just posted Version 20.23 which should greatly improve the AI in this area. Please let me know in this thread (or by email) if you are still seeing problems.

https://www.sportsmogul.com/baseball-mogul-updates.html

Thanks!

Clay
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com