Thread: Time Limit on "new version" popup

Time Limit on "new version" popup

soooooo maybe this is crazy, but...if I am playing BM11 out of personal preference (because I find that to be the most stable, acceptable version)...I feel like I shouldn't be spammed every day with "BM2012 is now available!!"

Especially since that version is 6 years old at this point
    aaaand since I bought it, and just don't like it

I would recommend either:
    1) stop these popups (best choice!)
    2) have the popups cease if that version exists in the SportsMogul folder (next best choice!)
    3) at the goddamn least, have the popups cease at a given year. So, say, stop spamming a user to buy BM2012 when its 2014? or 2016? Simple clock check should do the trick, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Re: Time Limit on "new version" popup

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    soooooo maybe this is crazy, but...if I am playing BM11 out of personal preference (because I find that to be the most stable, acceptable version)...I feel like I shouldn't be spammed every day with "BM2012 is now available!!"

Especially since that version is 6 years old at this point
    aaaand since I bought it, and just don't like it

I would recommend either:
    1) stop these popups (best choice!)
    2) have the popups cease if that version exists in the SportsMogul folder (next best choice!)
    3) at the goddamn least, have the popups cease at a given year. So, say, stop spamming a user to buy BM2012 when its 2014? or 2016? Simple clock check should do the trick, no?
    It's weird I don't get those...and I only play BM 11

Why is it that we are entering into 2018 and BM 11 is the game people seem to enjoy the most. Also, mods have not been updated and it seems like people have just given up completely on this game, which makes me very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriffJoe View Post
    Why is it that we are entering into 2018 and BM 11 is the game people seem to enjoy the most. Also, mods have not been updated and it seems like people have just given up completely on this game, which makes me very sad.
    A number of changes the game made after '11 have caused a decline in play-ability of the product.

I'd at least consider BBM Diamond if, for no other reason, you're able to edit ratings directly (rather than having to change predicted stats to find the right balance). In my opinion, this was the best addition in the last few versions. So much easier than editing predicted stats to change one simple rating. There was nothing worse than trying to continually modify a pitcher's predicted stats to increase their movement, endurance, and so on without screwing up the other ratings. You just toggle up/down every category you want to edit.

Name:  BM.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  167.1 KB

I'm the opposite - I hate the new rating editor...I would love to see the ability to use either - enter predicted stats, and it assigns the ratings, or enter the ratings directly.

I've stuck with Diamond. I enjoy the effort of entering stats and seeing the ratings that the game produces based on my input.

I also don't like the player development mechanism used in 2016/17... players seem to all develop super quickly, and then drop off very quickly... you'll never seen someone older than 35 or so.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Quote Originally Posted by catomi02 View Post
    I'm the opposite - I hate the new rating editor...I would love to see the ability to use either - enter predicted stats, and it assigns the ratings, or enter the ratings directly.
    You can! You just click the "Edit Stats" button to edit statistics instead. I haven't tried it very much to see how closely it relates with the ratings, but you're able to do either.

I do that for things like entering a pitcher's predicted ground balls (to increase ground ball percentage) or a batter's HBPs.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGLEBOP View Post
    You can! You just click the "Edit Stats" button to edit statistics instead. I haven't tried it very much to see how closely it relates with the ratings, but you're able to do either.

I do that for things like entering a pitcher's predicted ground balls (to increase ground ball percentage) or a batter's HBPs.
    I tried to use the "edit states" tab but find it a bit difficult to have my changes stick. They have a tendency to revert

I did that when the game first came out and as per Clay, the edit stats button doesn't do anything to affect ratings. If that changed with more recent updates, I must have missed it.