Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Time Limit on "new version" popup

Re: Time Limit on "new version" popup

I'm suggesting something for future versions of the product...not a patch for the previous 20 versions of the game. Also I don't mention money, I mention that I bought the version it is popping up telling me to buy. If this popup functionality was removed somewhere along the line...someone likely would have mentioned it here? But regardless, if you love the 2018 version, and find yourself returning to it in 2020 or 2021, for league play or because it's your favorite...would constant spammy popups about the 2019 version help the experience in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdog View Post
    I might mention that I have made my own schedules for many historical seasons. This takes a lot of time, as you might guess, but it was worth it. And if I do say so myself, my schedules are vastly superior to the ones that come with the game.
    If you send me these schedules I can probably include them in the game for the years (or league formats) that they work with.

Thanks!

Clay
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

I understand your frustration with the "New Version" popup but I can't go back to every previous version and fix this.

The Options Dialog (on the Tools Menu) has a checkbox for "Check For New Version". I don't remember if this option existed in Baseball Mogul 2011. But if so, you should be able to turn these off.

Name:  CheckForNewVersion.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  32.0 KB

Clay
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

You are right - Tools -> Options opens up a Game Options window that lets me uncheck this. Thank you for building this in! Sad that I never looked for it here until now!

We can mark this one as solved years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Clay Dreslough View Post
    If you send me these schedules I can probably include them in the game for the years (or league formats) that they work with.

Thanks!

Clay
    I will be happy to provide the schedules. I had a hard drive crash on my main PC and all was lost. I did save the schedules file to a flash drive. I have not loaded these schedules back into the game at this time, as I am currently not playing BM.

I will retrieve the schedules I made, check them one last time for accuracy, and submit them. Someone will have to let me know where to send them. Thanks.