Thread: V20.16: Scouting reports

V20.16: Scouting reports

While not a "show stopper" for me, I just ran through my starting eight position players during an off-season. Four of them played 162 games and each of their scouting reports touted their "value" in "coming off the bench". Sounds like a glitch in the AI dealing with scouting report narratives. It should be fixed, but probably not a high priority for fixing.

Re: V20.16: Scouting reports

Quote Originally Posted by Gaedel View Post
    While not a "show stopper" for me, I just ran through my starting eight position players during an off-season. Four of them played 162 games and each of their scouting reports touted their "value" in "coming off the bench". Sounds like a glitch in the AI dealing with scouting report narratives. It should be fixed, but probably not a high priority for fixing.
    I think overall they need to be tweaked. After the latest update, there are way too many prospects where the "scout" says they're the "best [position] I've seen in 10 years" or "______ is a future Hall of Famer". That's a bit too lofty praise for hundreds of minor league players, high peak ratings or not.

The current Major Leaguers have to have their outlook turned up in their profiles (especially league leaders being seen as valuable "coming off the bench"), while minor leaguer bios have to have the optimism tempered more than a little bit.