Thread: Something wrong with the Amateur Draft????

Something wrong with the Amateur Draft????

26 teams in 1979, 115 players in the Amateur draft. By the sixth round I had no one to Pick??? Really????? For 6 rounds there should have been a total of 156 players, by the logic of 1 pick for each team in each round. I had to have the computer finish the draft as there seemed to be no other way to complete it.b

Re: Something wrong with the Amateur Draft????

This is no big deal. I've seen this a few times now. The players that populate the draft, if you don't check the "Fictional Rookies" box on the "Game Options" page, are only those players that eventually make it to the major leagues, even if for only one game. All those other real players from the actual year of the draft, if they never made it to the major leagues, will not be available to draft in this game.

If you truly want to ensure enough players to draft in each of the 6 rounds, then check the "Fictional Rookies" box on the "Game Options" page.

Additionally, available on the "Player Settings" page, you can balance the player populations in the upcoming draft under the "Amateur Draft Talent" heading.

Re: Something wrong with the Amateur Draft????

To me it would have made much more sense to give a team a second pick in the fifth round. It really isn't that big of a deal necessarily but to me that would have been a more logical thing to do. I think the sixth round had one player picked by Atlanta and that was the end of the sixth round.