Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 3 Wise Pitchers

The 3 Wise Pitchers

With the evolution of pitching away from complete games... I'm using 12 pitchers organized into 4 groups of 3. All 12 have a Pitch Count Limit of 60 with the idea of going 3 innings each. Each group has 2 RHP & 1 Southpaw. So far I like the early results currently riding a 10 game win streak. Within the groups I rotate the starter/ middle/ closer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: The 3 Wise Pitchers

Very radical idea on how to handle pitchers. Do each of your pitchers have enough "Endurance" to get through 60 pitches without becoming tired?

With the team I've created and currently playing with, my starting pitchers are better than the relievers. I try to go as long as possible with my starting pitchers because the relievers often lose the game and are very unreliable.

The Relievers in general are tiring around 35 to 40 pitches. I am going through the schedule using Play by Play mode. So far I've been pushing them to 60 pitches if necessary. I'm beginning to wonder if their Endurance is increasing. I'll have to compare them with the initial roster.

I never thought of that. If you push your pitchers beyond their usual endurance, will their endurance value increase? Let us know if that is what you see. Maybe the Forum moderators know the answer to this?

Cool Re: The 3 Wise Pitchers

A comparison of END Ratings > HARVEY +3 / NOAH S. +4 / COLON -1 / MATZ +4 / ALVAREZ +14 / REED +4 / FAMILIA +6
    Name:  Ratings.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  200.5 KB
    Last edited by GHR9D9; 08-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twins43 View Post
    I never thought of that. If you push your pitchers beyond their usual endurance, will their endurance value increase? Let us know if that is what you see. Maybe the Forum moderators know the answer to this?
    I have read several times that pushing a pitcher past his normal endurance does, in fact, increase his endurance. I experimented and found it to be true. That is how you can turn a relief pitcher into a starting pitcher, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampdog View Post
    I have read several times that pushing a pitcher past his normal endurance does, in fact, increase his endurance. I experimented and found it to be true. That is how you can turn a relief pitcher into a starting pitcher, for example.
    Well, well, well. Now this is interesting. The starting pitchers I began the season with had endurance levels below what I would have expected, so I was regularly bringing in the relief pitchers before the starter tired. Looks like it would be advantageous to push those starters further into the game. I may have to suffer a few bad innings though (chuckle).

Progress Report
    Matt Moore & Joe Kelly were recently acquired.
    Name:  Progress.png
Views: 104
Size:  656.9 KB
    Last edited by GHR9D9; 08-08-2017 at 10:42 AM.

I had to tilt my computer monitor so I could read that last post (chuckle).

Cool Re: The 3 Wise Pitchers

Last edited by GHR9D9; 08-09-2017 at 03:23 PM.

10 in a row
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GHR9D9; 08-08-2017 at 10:08 AM.

Trade Deadline
    Name:  Bye Bye Duda.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  140.8 KB
    Name:  Travelin' Travis T.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  187.6 KB
    Last edited by GHR9D9; 08-08-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Using relievers as starters will indeed increase their endurance rating. However, pushing a starter longer into games, or taking him out early, will have very little effect. You have to explicitly use a starter as a reliever in order to reduce his endurance rating.

To turn minor league starters into relievers and vice versa, you can change their "Pitcher Usage" by clicking on the baseball field in the upper right corner of the Scouting Report. "Pitcher Usage" also affects how pitchers are using during Spring Training, when you aren't able to use Play-By-Play Mode to control their pitch counts directly.

Name:  PitcherUsage.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  213.7 KB
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

Bug reports: bugs@sportsmogul.com
    Roster corrections: rosters@sportsmogul.com

Last edited by GHR9D9; 08-09-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Thank you for the information, Clay. I've since changed Wilbur Wood into a starter (he's in the minors) and Lindy McDaniel as my closer. I'll have to remember this option of clicking on the pitcher's position. In the case of Lindy McDaniel, I temporarily placed him in the minors so I could make the change.