Thread: Problems with scouting reports for Relief Pitchers - Currently using version 20.13

Problems with scouting reports for Relief Pitchers - Currently using version 20.13

Anyone know of a way to change information provided by scouting reports? I have this odd situation now with Mogs that I've created where all my pitchers be they starters or not are all designated as starters by my scouting reports. I'd like to fix this if at all possible. This is not the game's problem or something that Connor and Clay would have to change in the workings of the game i don't think because when I create a new mog from the latest version 20.13 the relievers say rp and the starters say Sp as expected. It seems that when I go to edit an individual player that has this going on, it looks like they're designated the right way from within the editor so again not sure what's going on here or how to fix the problem.

Re: Problems with scouting reports for Relief Pitchers - Currently using version 20.1

I might not fully understand your question, but it sounds like you're editing players, and the result is that after you edit your pitchers all show as starters, with no relief pitchers? One thing I can tell you is that, within the game, the SP or RP designation is based on the pitchers endurance rating. If I remember correctly, a pitcher with an endurance rating of 50 or higher is a starter, and 49 or lower makes him a reliever.

When you edit a pitchers "predicted" stats the endurance rating (and role as starter or reliever) is changed by adjusting the ratio of games to innings pitched. For example, a pitcher with 100 innings in 15 games should have about a 90 endurance rating, while a pitcher with 100 ip's in 40 games lowers his rating to about 30. Thats the quick way to change endurance.

The rating can also be gradually changed by how you use the pitcher in games. A relief pitcher should gradually increase his endurance rating if used as a starter, or for more innings per outing.

Re: Problems with scouting reports for Relief Pitchers - Currently using version 20.1

Well I didn't do anything by editing any player I had just noticed this happening the other day from within some scouting reports. Seems like it's occurring all through each Mog file with all the teams not just the one I currently have human control of. It's like all the files that I've brought in from previous versions of the game. I might try adjusting some of the ratings you'd suggested and see if that changes the designation to what it should be and see if that works.
    Thanks.

In one example I was just looking over, in my 1904 pirates mog, Bob Vail is my closer and has pitched 12.0 innings in 10 games and his endurance is 18. This I would think sounds like it should make him a reliever and that is how he is positioned in the list of pitchers but the scouting report for whatever reason is not showing him as such.

Something else I just found really weird which may end up making this a lot easier to fix is I went and changed the combo where it says stats sabr or ratings, I changed it to ratings and it suddenly changed vail back to a relief pitcher in the scouting report. I changed it back to stats and he is still showing up as a relief man like I want.

For whatever reason, what I did only worked with one pitcher to change him to what he's supposed to be.

I'm leaving it alone now for the most part but one interesting thing I've seen about this is it's as though the game sometimes doesn't know relief pitchers are supposed to be relief pitchers until you go into the scouting report then go to edit player and then hit done until you're completely out of the pitcher's dialog. Okay now having said that. Craig Skok on the Braves in my 1979 mog doesn't wanna change. His endurance is 45 and he's pitched 5 and 2 thirds innings in only 5 games. Now he might have a higher endurance at this point because of both the low number of games and the low number of innings pitched. Seems to me that he's being used as a sort of situational type pitcher only or something like that.

Anyone find a way or know of a way to re-implement the information from a file that was saved out of sortable stats so I can fix some mog mistakes? I think if I can find a way to have the info from this file overwrite what is in my mogs, I think I can solve this issue. What i'm referring to is while you're in sortable stats and focused on the list of players and i right-click the list, one of those options it provides there is save file. This is the file that I wanna use to try to fix these errors in one or more of my current mog files.

It's possible that I may have solved my scouting report problem as it relates to relief pitchers not being marked accurately as such. Far as I can tell this was occurring in Mogs that I'd started in earlier versions and then Played more in version 20. Some of the mogs or maybe all of them go back to I'd say version 17 or so. Anyway, what I've found to have worked is going into the advanced tools and clicking on recalculate endurance ratings and that has seemed to make things normal again as far as I can tell, doing some spot checking of this and so forth.