Thread: Trades are IMPOSSIBLE (20.12)

Trades are IMPOSSIBLE (20.12)

The AI is incapable of making rational trades.

For example, I start a modern game and select the Dodgers. I offer Clayton Kershaw (95) to the Angels for Carlos Perez (70). I get hit with the "I hate my job. Shoot me now." I try a cheaper Corey Seager instead and I get the same response.

What has happened? How am I expected to play when the AI can't craft a rational deal? I'm just confused and I can't believe no one else has mentioned this.
    “The bases are loaded, just like [Marlins manager] Jack McKeon probably wishes he was.”
    -Skip Caray
    RIP 8/12/1939- 8/3/2008

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...ething-Special

Re: Trades are IMPOSSIBLE (20.12)

Quote Originally Posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    The AI is incapable of making rational trades.

For example, I start a modern game and select the Dodgers. I offer Clayton Kershaw (95) to the Angels for Carlos Perez (70). I get hit with the "I hate my job. Shoot me now." I try a cheaper Corey Seager instead and I get the same response.

What has happened? How am I expected to play when the AI can't craft a rational deal? I'm just confused and I can't believe no one else has mentioned this.
    You make a valid point. I guess I always focused on free agency and farm development more than trades. When I trade I usually am spending extra cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    You make a valid point. I guess I always focused on free agency and farm development more than trades. When I trade I usually am spending extra cash.
    Trading has always been an essential part of the game for me. The trades that the Computers with each other make sense, so the AI can't be completely screwed up.
    “The bases are loaded, just like [Marlins manager] Jack McKeon probably wishes he was.”
    -Skip Caray
    RIP 8/12/1939- 8/3/2008

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...ething-Special

Quote Originally Posted by Francoeurstein View Post
    Trading has always been an essential part of the game for me. The trades that the Computers with each other make sense, so the AI can't be completely screwed up.
    I've noticed the same thing when I offer certain players up for trade. Have you experimented to see which players the AI would trade for? I tried to find a player similar to the one I was attempting to trade (which, for whatever reason, got the same messages that you pointed out) to see if it would work in a trade, and then I'd unfortunately have to substitute the original player and force the trade through.

Also, have you noticed if it differs during different parts of the season? I remember in older versions how you could sign a free agent in the offseason, and no matter how amazing he performed or how good of a contract he had, there was zero interest for even the worst players on other teams -- the same "I hate my life, shoot me now" responses. I don't remember the exact day, but it seemed after a certain point during the season, he was again treated like a "normal" player and generated trade interest.

Kershaw should be hard/impossible to trade because of his salary. The Dodgers felt he was worth $30 million. If the Angels had thought he was worth $31 million, then they would have signed him. This is the paradox of any MVP-level player with more than 6 years of MLB experience -- they are basically worthless in a trade.

As for Seager, I just had a really easy time trading him straight up for Carlos Perez on either Fan or Coach mode. I didn't test Manager or Mogul, but if you can't make that trade you probably need to tone the difficulty level. I realize the computer is unwilling to make even trades at Mogul level, but that's the only reliable way to make sure that a dumb computer doesn't get outsmarted by a human brain.

EDIT: I'm digging into this a bit more. Most of the time that I put Seager on the Trading Block, I get a list of offers. But I sometimes get zero, so you might be bumping into the same problem and I need to figure out why it's not working 100% of the time.

Clay
    Last edited by Clay Dreslough; 07-21-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

Bug reports: bugs@sportsmogul.com
    Roster corrections: rosters@sportsmogul.com