Thread: bullpen slots

bullpen slots

I've been playing BM for a long time, I currently play Diamond, and offer these suggestions to make the game a little more realistic, if it's at all possible to implement them.
    Sure would like to see two bullpen slots in the game where you place your relievers to warm up...where the conditions would be cold...when you first put them there......then after a few plays or pitches depending whether you use single pitch or regular game setting...then they go to warm and then to ready...if you leave them there to long they get tired. I've often wondered why this was never implemented into the game. The current system where you just put them in the games seems so vanilla to me.
    I would also like to see injuries during the games, not just pregame.
    Lastly, I thing rain delays and rain outs would also make the game more accurate, which would also lead to rescheduling games and double headers.
    Thanks for the continued release of the game that I've enjoyed for many years.

Re: bullpen slots

Agree at 100%. Very nice upgrades, especially rainout and injuries during matches.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Sure would like to see two bullpen slots in the game where you place your relievers to warm up...where the conditions would be cold...when you first put them there......then after a few plays or pitches depending whether you use single pitch or regular game setting...then they go to warm and then to ready...if you leave them there to long they get tired.
    HaHaHa I remember that from Earl Weaver Baseball 25 years ago. I remember cycling pitchers in and out of the bullpen later in the game so there was always somebody warm "just in case". It did seem more realistic but I guess some things are taken for granted for ease of play.

If that is ever done I would hope you would have an option to turn it off. It seems to be just a pain in the neck to me. I would like to see rain outs
    and in game injuries however.

That's exactly where I remember it implemented as well, as I was a die hard EW fan, the High Heat then BM.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate66 View Post
    HaHaHa I remember that from Earl Weaver Baseball 25 years ago. I remember cycling pitchers in and out of the bullpen later in the game so there was always somebody warm "just in case". It did seem more realistic but I guess some things are taken for granted for ease of play.
    That's exactly where I remember it implemented from as I was a die hard EW fan, then High Heat, then BM.