Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Did this ever happen?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    483

    Did this ever happen?

    I ran the 2017 season with all computer run teams. The numbers appear OK, but no pitcher won more than 17 games. None.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    145

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    2006 -- 6 players tied for MLB Wins lead with 16 wins.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    483

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsimmon1 View Post
    2006 -- 6 players tied for MLB Wins lead with 16 wins.

    ok. I will just run some more tests. Seemed like an equalizing factor limiting wins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,896

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    I didn't notice the exact number of wins, but I ran a 2017 all computer season and also thought the wins were awfully low. It straightened out for 2018 though oddly enough
    Retired Dynasties I'm Proud of
    To Rule in Kansas City Part I and Part II (Kansas City Royals 1969-73, Hall of Fame)
    Cardinal Sins (St. Louis Cardinals 1976-78) and it's sequel:
    Diverting Destiny (Montreal Expos 1994)
    Script for my Requiem (New Orleans Blues (fictional) 1954)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,183

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsimmon1 View Post
    2006 -- 6 players tied for MLB Wins lead with 16 wins.
    In 2006 Santana and Wang led MLB with 19 wins, Garland had 18 and four others had 17 wins. Not sure where you got those "alternative facts" from. Nineteen wins also led in 2009. The only years in MLB history (non-strike, of course) when no one won 20 or more.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    374

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    I have simmed 3 years in a fictional league. There was one pitcher that made 21 wins in three years. No other 20 game winners but I am not sure that is odd for the game.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    145

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdog View Post
    In 2006 Santana and Wang led MLB with 19 wins, Garland had 18 and four others had 17 wins. Not sure where you got those "alternative facts" from. Nineteen wins also led in 2009. The only years in MLB history (non-strike, of course) when no one won 20 or more.
    My bad. I was looking at only the National League. You are correct, the leader was Santana and Wang with 19.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    483

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Just seems like no pitcher dominated in 2017 sims. Curious if anyone had a 20 game winner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    37

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdog View Post
    In 2006 Santana and Wang led MLB with 19 wins, Garland had 18 and four others had 17 wins. Not sure where you got those "alternative facts" from. Nineteen wins also led in 2009. The only years in MLB history (non-strike, of course) when no one won 20 or more.
    This situation is opposite of the original "alternative facts" situation. In that case, the "alternative facts" were the alternative to lies.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,183

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by fcabanski View Post
    This situation is opposite of the original "alternative facts" situation. In that case, the "alternative facts" were the alternative to lies.
    Not true. The alternative facts, as provided by the administration of the Great Pumpkin, were "facts" that proved to be untrue. Complete fantasy. Lies. An alternative to the truth.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    37

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swampdog View Post
    Not true. The alternative facts, as provided by the administration of the Great Pumpkin, were "facts" that proved to be untrue. Complete fantasy. Lies. An alternative to the truth.
    Nope. They were facts that were known to be true at the time, and additional proof has been provided since then.

    You will not jump from the weeds with am unopposed political comment.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,183

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    Quote Originally Posted by fcabanski View Post
    Nope. They were facts that were known to be true at the time, and additional proof has been provided since then.

    You will not jump from the weeds with am unopposed political comment.
    Your alternative facts are wrong. You're wrong. I live in the real, non-delusional world. I'm quite certain that, like the Great Pumpkin, you will insist on having the last word, so be my guest. This is way off subject and I will not waste my time with further comments on this issue.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ventura,Ca
    Posts
    23

    Re: Did this ever happen?

    With few exceptions, that is the state of baseball today and in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •