Thread: Unofficial Patch: Version 19.25

Unofficial Patch: Version 19.25

This patch is version 19.25 of Baseball Mogul 2016.

Changes from version 19.19 to version 19.23:

1) Tweaked artificial intelligence for lineup construction, fixing some unrealistic defensive assignments (such as putting David Ortiz at LF for a game).
    2) Fixed bug that was causing some season awards (e.g. Gold Glove, MVP) to not load correctly.
    3) New algorithms written for Amateur Draft talent levels, fixing problem of some future years (e.g. 2021) having excessive talent.

Changes from version 19.23 to version 19.25:

1) Fixed bug with some players who debuted before age 20 (e.g. Harmon Killebrew) appearing on roster AND on amateur draft list at the same time.
    2) Fixed bug causing per-game revenue results to display at twice their actual levels.
    3) Fatigue code tweaked, primarily to reduce strikeout rates for relief pitchers and increase them for starters (to fix this bug).
    4) Month abbreviation added to "until Free Agency" and "until Arbitration" to avoid confusion (e.g. "Until 2017 was replaced with "Until Nov 2017").
    5) Optimized code for loading MLB PITCHf/x data at start of each season.

Click here for a list of changes from version 19.17 to version 19.19.

Install this patch by following these instructions:

1) Download the attached file "BB-2016-v1925.zip" to your desktop.
    2) Double-click the attached file to unzip it.
    3) Open your Baseball Mogul 2016 folder (by choosing 'Open Game Folder' from the Help Menu)
    4) Close Baseball Mogul 2016.
    5) Copy the unzipped file ("BB-2016.exe") to your Baseball Mogul 2016 folder (e.g. "C:\Sports Mogul\Baseball Mogul 2016")
    6) Approve any requests to copy over existing files.
    7) Run the game normally using any previously installed shortcuts.

(The above assumes that you installed Baseball Mogul 2016 to the default directory).

Thanks!

Clay
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

Bug reports: bugs@sportsmogul.com
    Roster corrections: rosters@sportsmogul.com

Re: Unofficial Patch: Version 19.25

The instructions created a different application not an overwrite or replacement. Instead of BB-2016 it's Baseball Mogul 2016. Do I have to rename it?

I 'd upload a screen shot but the upload feature does not appear to work with this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    Instead of BB-2016 it's Baseball Mogul 2016. Do I have to rename it?
    My bad. It should be named "BB-2016.exe". I've just fixed the attachment.

I 'd upload a screen shot but the upload feature does not appear to work with this forum.
    We're still fixing the ability to add images, but the 'Manage Attachments' option in the full editor should now be working and you can upload files that way.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

The games still load up to 25 years of transaction data for older saves, starting with the beginning of the game. Is this fixable or not priority for most players?
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbassguy View Post
    The games still load up to 25 years of transaction data for older saves, starting with the beginning of the game. Is this fixable or not priority for most players?
    Not a priority for most players... ... but on the bug list.

Baseball Mogul 2016 and Baseball Mogul 2017 have less memory allocated for transactions as part of last year's overhaul to finally fix the problem where Year-By-Year stats might disappear after many years of simming.

Would you prefer that at least the transactions that got discarded were the OLD ones? Or are there transactions like short injuries or hitting streaks that you'd be willing to see jettisoned to save the rest?

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2017

I would personally like to see most recent transactions remain over the older ones.

Also things like hitting streaks and shorter injuries could go to save room for things like trades/awards.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Hi,

I just installed patch 19.26, and I noticed a couple things in the 1972 rosters for 1971. I'm an Orioles fan and I have several radio games on cd's from the 1971 postseason and the ALCS. First, McNally for the O's shouldn't have the health of 99 since he was out part of the regular season with elbow or shoulder problems...I forget which. Also both Palmer and Blue had fastballs in the 90's and I believe Blue's was in the upper 90's not in the 80's. Also, is there a way of bringing up players who played in 1971 into the 1972 season and put them in the free agents category or wherever...for example Dick Hall, Clay Dalrymple, Zoilo Versailles, etc.?

Thanks,

BRobby05

Quote Originally Posted by brobby05 View Post
    Hi,

I just installed patch 19.26, and I noticed a couple things in the 1972 rosters for 1971. I'm an Orioles fan and I have several radio games on cd's from the 1971 postseason and the ALCS. First, McNally for the O's shouldn't have the health of 99 since he was out part of the regular season with elbow or shoulder problems...I forget which. Also both Palmer and Blue had fastballs in the 90's and I believe Blue's was in the upper 90's not in the 80's. Also, is there a way of bringing up players who played in 1971 into the 1972 season and put them in the free agents category or wherever...for example Dick Hall, Clay Dalrymple, Zoilo Versailles, etc.?

Thanks,

BRobby05
    Nice catch on the velocity!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..