Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What to expect with Baseball Mogul 2017?

Re: What to expect with Baseball Mogul 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Songsdream View Post
    I do the same thing! I love playing far into the future, and seeing the long-term patterns of my franchise as the years come and go. I would be interested in talking to you more about this, since I have never met anyone else who plays this way!
    It is very fun.
    Though once you get to 2100+ there are some issues. Attendance starts to go down. I think this is partially because of the stadium deteriorating over time. I've run "Sim Multiple Seasons" to 2500 and most teams have 0 attendance but the Pirates get like 400,000 a year, something to do with too high populations in cities. That might be fixed.
    Bill Mueller was the best third baseman in the year 2003. He was not the best third baseman when I wrote my first signature, because that was in 2001...

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbassguy View Post
    It is very fun.
    Though once you get to 2100+ there are some issues. Attendance starts to go down. I think this is partially because of the stadium deteriorating over time. I've run "Sim Multiple Seasons" to 2500 and most teams have 0 attendance but the Pirates get like 400,000 a year, something to do with too high populations in cities. That might be fixed.
    By 2500 there is less interest in baseball so nobody goes? It's played for nostalgia reasons only. Most people just on couches as computers do everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

I am getting confused. I know there is a new version coming out, but Clay's blogs are about stadiums and chess pieces. What are the new features? Anything based on requests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    By 2500 there is less interest in baseball so nobody goes? It's played for nostalgia reasons only. Most people just on couches as computers do everything.
    lol. Yeah I hope for bug fixes like this instead of new features. For instance, every Spring it resets all my pitch count limits, and I have to go through and set them all again. Etc. Baseball Mogul is so good, I just want it to run as intended.

...and when I play into the future, eventually 94 mph is the fastest anybody can throw. (I don't know if it even makes a difference anyway, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Songsdream View Post
    ...and when I play into the future, eventually 94 mph is the fastest anybody can throw. (I don't know if it even makes a difference anyway, though.)
    What does that have to do with a new version of the game. Don't hijack threads.