Thread: FM17 New Features

FM17 New Features

Hi

I haven't bought the new version of Football Mogul yet, I'm still playing the 2016 version, and was wondering do the new features make it worth shelling out for?

Can anyone supply some screenshots of the new additions to the game, like the unique statistics for old seasons etc.? I'm really interested to see how the new stuff has been implemented.

Thanks,
    Matty

Re: FM17 New Features

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Hi

I haven't bought the new version of Football Mogul yet, I'm still playing the 2016 version, and was wondering do the new features make it worth shelling out for?

Can anyone supply some screenshots of the new additions to the game, like the unique statistics for old seasons etc.? I'm really interested to see how the new stuff has been implemented.

Thanks,
    Matty
    So far, I would say bug fixes from the previous version and updated rosters. Pretty much the game is playable, where 2016 had issues with ratings and in-season free agent superstars that made in hard to play IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

How do the new historical statistics work and what are they exactly?

personally I haven't seen them yet. teams only go back to 1970. still exploring.

From the website:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Attached is a screen shot of 2014 Patriot offense and Tom Brady ratings for version 2017 and 2016. The ratings appear lower in the newer version, but game play stats appear more reasonable thus far.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

Overall, I don't see new features. It just more playable and accurate than previous versions. What's gone is, in FM 2015 you can draft a 4th round QB and trade him for a future 1st and 2nd rounder, in FM2016 you can eliminate the cap sign in season free agents, go 16-0, win the Super Bowl and average over 8 yards a carry for the season. These problem areas from the previous versions appear to be gone.

Other comments:
    1. Currently if you start in 2016 with FM 2017 and progress forward, you need to move the Rams back to St. Louis or the future schedule algorithm will not work properly.
    2. Historical draft player ratings are off and being worked on by Conner and Clay.
    3. Also, I understand the average player rating is 75, but it seems over 75% of the league is below a rating of 75?
    4. After you draft a player their overall ratings drop 4 to 5 points? Not sure how overall ratings are determined or whether they matter?
    5. Rosters are not fully complete to opening day. Bradford is still on the Eagles, Kruger still on the Browns just to name a few. Draft pick trades are not reflected in 2017 draft i.e. Rams, Eagles and Vikings still own their own 1st round picks (manual override trades need to be made to correct).

Still, so far I like this version better than prior versions. I would suggest fictional player leagues so you don't get caught up on historical player names.

Relish this day..

I haven't been able to get much in trades, even in fan version.
    I think there should be more high-profile free agents. in real NFL there are Drew Breeses that become available, and older FAs with big contracts that can still produce (Steve Smith).

at least in this one I have been able to win Super Bowls with the Browns, which I couldn't do on the old.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber Sam View Post

at least in this one I have been able to win Super Bowls with the Browns, which I couldn't do on the old.
    This game is definitely glitchy then!

Relish this day..

I just went 9-7 and watched the Lions win the SB
    major glitchness...