Thread: Official Patch: Version 19.10

Official Patch: Version 19.10

This is the new official patch, which you can currently download here:
    http://www.sportsmogul.com/bb2016update/index.html.

This patch (19.10) includes the following changes since Version 19.09:

1) Fixed a bug that allowed you to sign a player to a contract with a negative length (e.g. "-2 years").
    2) Greatly improved algorithms for calculating player ratings when starting a historical game (aka "Classic" mode).
    3) Fixed "Delete Recorded Games" button in Options Dialog (on Tools Menu).

This page includes a self-installing patch. However, you can also install just the executable file by following these instructions:

1) Download the attached file "BB-2016-v1910.zip" to your desktop.
    2) Double-click the attached file to unzip it.
    3) Open your Baseball Mogul 2016 folder (by choosing 'Open Game Folder' from the Help Menu)
    4) Close Baseball Mogul 2016.
    5) Copy the unzipped file ("BB-2016.exe") to your Baseball Mogul 2016 folder (e.g. "C:\Sports Mogul\Baseball Mogul 2016\")
    6) Approve any requests to copy over existing files.
    7) Run the game normally using any previously installed shortcuts.

(The above assumes that you installed Baseball Mogul 2016 to the default directory).

Please send your feedback on this patch to bugs@sportsmogul.com.

Thanks!

Clay
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Clay Dreslough; 06-23-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Re: Unofficial Patch: Version 19.10

I installed the patch as instructed and I took a look at the 1972 Wilbur Wood and he still had an endurance rating of 54. He did more pitching and great pitching in 1971 than Dave McNally or Mike Cuellar and they are at 95. McNally had 10+ less starts than Wood and Wood had a better ERA.

BRobby05

Quote Originally Posted by brobby05 View Post
    I installed the patch as instructed and I took a look at the 1972 Wilbur Wood and he still had an endurance rating of 54. He did more pitching and great pitching in 1971 than Dave McNally or Mike Cuellar and they are at 95. McNally had 10+ less starts than Wood and Wood had a better ERA.

BRobby05
    The ERA isn't relevant to the Endurance ratings. The '54' comes from the fact that he spent 10 years as a relief pitcher before 1 season as a starter, giving him the ability to continue as a starter or go back to the bullpen. As he continues to get more starts, his Endurance rating will go up.

Nevertheless, I get your point. The code is written to look at the player over a multiple-season span and assess the correct Endurance rating from that. But in the case of Wood it seems pretty clear from the record that he clearly established himself as a starter (and a workhorse) by 1972, and I should tweak the code to reflect that.

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Hey Clay,

Thanks for your consideration. I'm sure that there are others too. I just happened to be working on the White Sox in my Total Classics 1971 for MVP Baseball 2005. For the commentors' purpose I put in the previous years stats, but the ratings should be pretty close to the 1971's abilities. For the dynasty people, yeah I agree with you as far as the cumulative stats and ratings but the single season people would be having lesser quality play. I was just curious, where do you get your pitch types at?

Thanks,

BRobby05

Quote Originally Posted by brobby05 View Post
    I was just curious, where do you get your pitch types at?
    A lot of data up to the 1980s came from the Neyer James Guide to Pitchers: https://www.amazon.com/Neyer-James-G.../dp/0743261585

After the 1980s there are scouting reports, SABR bios, etc. Since 2002, we've had PITCHf/x data.

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

When do you think that what we were talking about above will be in Baseball Mogul?

Thanks,

BRobby05

I haven't tried this patch, I was using 19.05 - but today I have the game installed on a windows 8 computer and the game freezes my computer (it worked fine yesterday). I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and even the original 19.00 version freezes. I installed on brand new laptop I got for my wife and it froze her computer. Tried on third machine and it does the same. Doesn't matter which version I install it freezes up the system. Mouse stops moving, etc. You double click on the icon and instant freeze. Never gets to asking what game to load. deleted all traces of the game, removed all folders and get the same. Which is why I tried on new windows 8 laptop. Any thoughts. Been supporting computers for 35 years, numerous certifications - nothing has been installed since yesterday. Certainly not on the brand new laptop.

I posted this as a add on to a bug report someone put in on Historical Rosters in 19.10, but thought I would also add it here

I started an Expansion for 1969 Padres. During the Expansion draft I noticed a bunch of Catchers who were showing up as Shortstops.
    Just to name a few: Joe Azcue, John Bateman, Paul Casanova, Clay Dalrymple.
    I did not check for other "misplaced" positions, these just jumped out at me.

This was not a problem with 19.09
    Last edited by jsimmon1; 06-23-2016 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Typo

This extends to modern rosters also.

New patch (Version 19.11) posted:

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...-Version-19-11

Forum Rules

Baseball Mogul 2018!

Still lists 2016 players such as Posey, McCann, Ruiz, d'Arnold, etc. as shortstops.