Thread: Fan Level is Too Hard!

Fan Level is Too Hard!

Fan level is too hard! I'm putting teams together with 80+ starters at every position (and quality backups) and going 6-10.
    I know in the past guys have complained about 'fan' level being too easy, but that's what level one is for. They could always go up a level. I'm running teams for 8-10 years with maybe one playoff appearance.
    I wonder if the base-team algorithm determines success. I set up a game where all the NFL teams were replaced by fake college teams (Oregon A&M, Univ of Mobile) and 'my' team made the playoffs three times in ten years without me getting involved (strictly computer-control). I stepped in to do drafting and sign free agents, and I got no playoffs for ten years. (even with Peyton Manning!)
    I don't expect to win five SBs in ten years but I think this should be easier, at least on Fan level.
    my .02

Re: Fan Level is Too Hard!

I knew trading would be more challenging, but I can't trade for a backup Kicker?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

Relish this day..

yes. competent kickers/punters should always be available and cheap. NFL is full of Billy Cundiffs and Steve Haukstras that play for multiple teams, sometimes finding their groove and having good careers.

I have not found trading for punters and kickers to be difficult at the fan level. However, I am using fictional players, so perhaps that makes a difference. Try making a straight cash offer for a punter or kicker (use Players->Find Players... to locate the desired player and make the offer directly to the team). I can usually get a good punter for < $1.5 million and a good kicker for < $3 million. I also make trades of players at other positions for kickers and punters (using the Players->Trading Block... and usually have offers of kickers and punters rated higher than the player I am offering.

Note that when making trades, the age of the player being traded matters. Older player (no matter what their rating) will get lesser offers. Using the Trading Block, try offering a 21 year old rated in the high 50s for Any Players. The results can be surprising.