Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    589

    Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    This was not included in the help screen for the Player Settings. What does it mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    102

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    This may have been indirectly referenced in a prior thread. Check the posting effort made by company founder at the below link; not able to precisely confirm whether it does indeed apply to what's seen in the image above. I don't have the necessary background credentials that would verify the claim put forth for this given feature and the intended outcome of its in game use. Any new unique insights I'd offer should most likely be of a speculative origination, so I can't really authoritatively substantiate circumstances of such an intricate nature. Software engineers who have an acquainted familiarity with the underlying implementation for the baseball mogul product can supply more informed expertise.

    I'd like to see taldist ratings set to the actual spread that is thereupon observed in the file. I've known about the automated dispersion benchmark, yet it is not always realistic for every context. Also, the sanity check predicted quantities is best as a start menu prompt option, so it does not skew desired results. Look here: http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...tcher-friendly

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    589

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    This may have been indirectly referenced in a prior thread. Check the posting effort made by company founder at the below link; not able to precisely confirm whether it does indeed apply to what's seen in the image above. I don't have the necessary background credentials that would verify the claim put forth for this given feature and the intended outcome of its in game use. Any new unique insights I'd offer should most likely be of a speculative origination, so I can't really authoritatively substantiate circumstances of such an intricate nature. Software engineers who have an acquainted familiarity with the underlying implementation for the baseball mogul product can supply more informed expertise.

    I'd like to see taldist ratings set to the actual spread that is thereupon observed in the file. I've known about the automated dispersion benchmark, yet it is not always realistic for every context. Also, the sanity check predicted quantities is best as a start menu prompt option, so it does not skew desired results. Look here: http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...tcher-friendly
    Thanks, but I think this was a recent addition. There was nothing on the help menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    102

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    This is my preliminary interpretation: If you set the upper panel to the highest setting, then many batters will have ninety overall and above but the aggregate performance of them all combined together won't meet traditional expectations due to the fact that as a whole they are not much better than the standard deviation for each of the critical values. If you set the bottom panel to the lowest setting, then few pitchers will have ninety overall and above and the cumulative achievement of them all combined together may top established projections due to the fact that as a whole some are far more worse than the standard deviation for each of the critical values. Thus, there are implicit tradeoffs that must be entirely settled prior to moving forward in the presented directions. Note: sorry for any repetitive segments, it was my goal to make the most sense... and yet I'm not sure if I gave an accurate delineation.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    589

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    This is my preliminary interpretation: If you set the upper panel to the highest setting, then many batters will have ninety overall and above — but the aggregate performance of them all combined together won't meet traditional expectations due to the fact that as a whole they are not much better than the standard deviation for each of the critical values. If you set the bottom panel to the lowest setting, then few pitchers will have ninety overall and above — and the cumulative achievement of them all combined together may top established projections due to the fact that as a whole some are far more worse than the standard deviation for each of the critical values. Thus, there are implicit tradeoffs that must be entirely settled prior to moving forward in the presented directions. Note: sorry for any repetitive segments, it was my goal to make the most sense... and yet I'm not sure if I gave an accurate delineation.
    Thanks. This makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    260

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    it sets the overall/peak rating talent levels for batters and pitchers without changing vitals. So if you go +10% the guy who's currently an 80 will become an 82 overall or whatever, but his actual ability level will remain the same, it's really more of a display option.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    589

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARC_Troopa_Nate View Post
    it sets the overall/peak rating talent levels for batters and pitchers without changing vitals. So if you go +10% the guy who's currently an 80 will become an 82 overall or whatever, but his actual ability level will remain the same, it's really more of a display option.
    Seems useful for BM2016 since the new ratings are set low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    You beat me twice yesterday. I've never been beaten in the postseason in different leagues by the same person on the same day.

    Relish this day..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    102

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Used to be that intrinsic talent levels would slowly ascend to an extent whereby the league output featured typical superstar athletes that could not meet performance expectations. From this expanding inflation came even more statistical fluctuation that made predictions challenging since data wavered erratically. Each new year for the sim file henceforth demonstrated the still unique earmarks of our global baseball reality, but there was an obvious impasse that had been too far in line with chaos theory. Modern science dictates that as time moves forward, entropy observably increases at a continually escalating rate yet remains constant all the same. If we progress onward by a single century, much will have changed around us and any future peers except certain things of which include cultural anchors. So at such case, you'll be able to identify sports as it will have the characteristic underlying elements that make it what now is today and the next era...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    55

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Used to be that intrinsic talent levels would slowly ascend to an extent whereby the league output featured typical superstar athletes that could not meet performance expectations. From this expanding inflation came even more statistical fluctuation that made predictions challenging since data wavered erratically. Each new year for the sim file henceforth demonstrated the still unique earmarks of our global baseball reality, but there was an obvious impasse that had been too far in line with chaos theory. Modern science dictates that as time moves forward, entropy observably increases at a continually escalating rate yet remains constant all the same. If we progress onward by a single century, much will have changed around us and any future peers except certain things of which include cultural anchors. So at such case, you'll be able to identify sports as it will have the characteristic underlying elements that make it what now is today and the next era...
    lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    7,284

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eminor3rd View Post
    lol
    what are you laughing at man?? Don't you know how important and valuable gleklufdshlaw's contributions are here? Without him, who would use needlessly complex doublespeak to say nothing? Who would bump 18-month-old threads asking the original poster to clarify their quantitative analysis? Who would post unintelligible gobbledygook, in a place they are only seen as a negative presence by all sentient beings, if not gleklufdshlaw?

    But seriously - so many of us have him on ignore...quoting him in your post is a definite no-no. Party foul, Eminor3rd.

    Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,338

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    what are you laughing at man?? Don't you know how important and valuable gleklufdshlaw's contributions are here? Without him, who would use needlessly complex doublespeak to say nothing? Who would bump 18-month-old threads asking the original poster to clarify their quantitative analysis? Who would post unintelligible gobbledygook, in a place they are only seen as a negative presence by all sentient beings, if not gleklufdshlaw?

    But seriously - so many of us have him on ignore...quoting him in your post is a definite no-no. Party foul, Eminor3rd.
    You sound jealous, that he is on an intelligence level so high, you can't even comprehend what he is saying. He is just so smart, the rest of us have no hope of understanding.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    7,284

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    totes, ewing. totes.

    If I were blessed with incredible intelligence, I would use it to post daily (or more) on a forum where nobody wants or needs my input, using an elevated form of speech that most people can't understand - a form of English that uses superfluous phrasing (detrimental hindrance) while tossing in the stupidest suggestions the forum has ever seen (damian miller to HOF, or shipping dolls with the game).

    No bones about it, gotta be a smart person spending their time in such a fashion.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,066

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    man, is this game forum dead or what?

    Clash on!
    Pete's 2015 - OPENING DAY Rosters for BM09 & BM10 & BM11 & BM12 & BM13 & BM14 & BM15

    https://app.box.com/s/9ru93887rf4h2nrcckiqpy7yatynqfm1

    2015 Missing Players PHOTOS by Teams
    http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...75#post1616775

    1975 Full Season Photo Pack (839 pics)
    This pack includes every player that played in 1975 (except for 9 players).

    https://app.box.com/s/9cr7v6c1hg23i84cn7a5

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    55

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    what are you laughing at man?? Don't you know how important and valuable gleklufdshlaw's contributions are here? Without him, who would use needlessly complex doublespeak to say nothing? Who would bump 18-month-old threads asking the original poster to clarify their quantitative analysis? Who would post unintelligible gobbledygook, in a place they are only seen as a negative presence by all sentient beings, if not gleklufdshlaw?

    But seriously - so many of us have him on ignore...quoting him in your post is a definite no-no. Party foul, Eminor3rd.
    Oh man, ignore? Why? I love this guy. I've never seen anyone post so much gibberish while managing to stay ON topic the entire time.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    SZC
    Posts
    6

    Re: Player Settings Numerical Settings?

    I like to use the mogul because it helps me when I make a strategy for gaming on the http://bettingappsreviews.com/ mobile services.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •