Thread: "Fixing" Opponents Lineups

"Fixing" Opponents Lineups

Is there a foolproof, lasting way to "fix" crappy lineup construction with other teams (in Commissioner Mode) doing PBP?

Often, it's just TOO easy to win games almost solely because, like "old-school" managers, teams put a speedy guy who can't hit a lick at the top of the lineup, or ignore platoon splits (I did adjust the setting to lean more toward platoons/stats).

I'll change to commissioner mode, adjust the lineup...and it reverts back, almost immediately. Any ideas, and thanks! I'd love for each team to be at peak; it makes the game more fun.

Re: "Fixing" Opponents Lineups

One option is to leave the game in Commissioner Mode. But I understand the shortcomings of that, such as the failure of computer teams to make necessary roster moves for injuries.

Ideally, we could tweak the AI. What year are you playing in? In other words, what's a good example of a bad lineup picked by the AI?
    Clay Dreslough, Sports Mogul Inc.
    cjd at sportsmogul dot com / blog / twitter

Forum Rules
    Bug reports and roster corrections: support@sportsmogul.com

Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers... presumably, mapping probabilistic filtering tendencies could realistically assimilate historical managers; data mining designs may resolve such issues perhaps.

Hey, Clay; I hope you are well.

In general, like many MLB managers (!!), the AI almost always puts a speedy guy at the top, regardless of batting stats. A great example is 2017 Milwaukee Brewers, with Kevin Mattison (rating 75, batting slash line .213/.240/.453 OPS (!) at the top of the order, with lefties and righties. Speed rating: 97. Same year, Cincinnati bats Phillip Ervin leadoff, with a slash of .231/.290/.316. Speed rating: 98. Dodgers, Dee Gordon (A more well known entity): .250/.287/.336. Speed: 97.

This is the MAIN issue, league-wise, but there are other cases where superior options are not put into the lineup.

Thanks for taking a look...