Thread: First Game...played in Solitaire Mode

First Game...played in Solitaire Mode

I hope to soon play a face-to-face game but until then I had fun playing the Ravens and Broncos by myself.

See the attached picture of an Excel spreadsheet I designed. I also developed an Excel Defense card randomizer that is needed when playing solitaire. It randomly identifies three defensive players after the offense makes its call. By using the random selector of defensive players (1 through 11) a solitaire player is able to objectively call an offensive play without knowing who the three defensive cards will be. When a defensive player is used, his card is placed in the discard pile and the two unused defensive cards are returned to the defense pile for randomization during the next round.

Denver won 31-0. Although this particular game was a blowout, it was fun and it was believable. The Ravens almost scored several times. I'll have to play some more games to further test it.

Even when playing solitaire I could see the potential strategies developing. I like the game.

Neil Shannon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: First Game...played in Solitaire Mode

Nice--on the score side to make it even more realistic I have 2 drives by both sides constitute a quarter and use the 9th play as the 2 min warning.

My second solitaire game was a nail-biter. See attached. Exciting finish as Logan Mankins makes a key block on an outside run against a quality DT (Aubrayo Franklin) for the Patriots' winning TD in the last minute of play. New England downs Indy 22-20.

Benny...thanks. I admit my line score looks like a baseball game. I'll try your quarter by quarter method. - Neil

Actually, the quarters are each by 2 scores, with the 4th quarter having the last 3. So essentially your first 2 scoring plays are the 1st quarter, next two, the second quarter, next two, the third quarter, and last three are the fourth quarter.

We set this up so that people could act as though there are quarters separated within the game, which there can be.
    Thanks!
    Connor Milliken

Sports Mogul
    Game Designer
    connor@sportsmogul.com

Thanks Connor. I've revised my score sheet showing quarters.
    Neil Shannon

Eagles stun 'Hawks!

Surprisingly Philadelphia downed Seattle in a game that was never close. See attached.

Good to see that lesser carded teams can upset better teams from time to time.

It seemed like forever before Seattle drew any good TD cards and that may have contributed to the futility of the Seahawks' offense.

Also, neither Earl Thomas nor Richard Sherman were used on defense as a good opportunity to use them never occurred.

Next game up is Carolina vs. San Francisco.

Neil Shannon