Thread: start of the FBI sim?

start of the FBI sim?

Is there really no FBI or anti-crime sim? Something where you are Hoover or Ness and have to build squads, assign guys to follow up on leads, tail family and girlfriends, and take down the baddies? Barker gang, Machine Gun Kelly, Pretty Boy Floyd, Bonnie and Clyd, John Dillinger?

I know they made some games where you are the criminal or mob lord (Gangsters, Gangsters 2, Mafia, etc). I mean a serious sim engine, something like X-com in terms of organizational development, squad based combat, but building out your team. Even turn-based combat for taking down the baddies. But you mix it with Carmen Sandiego (just a bit) in terms of figuring things out. Or just extrapolate it into 'research' and assign guys to different cases and baddies.

I mean a game like that could be endless - you could just do 1933-35, to face and take down the big guys...even have Purvis and Cowley in the game as lieutenants. Skills - firearms, organization, intelligence, bravery, etc.

Or it could be all anonymous without the real names. Or just the bad guys are real.

I'm reading Public Enemies, and some of these stories are incredible...the sherrif that stood up to Pretty Boy Floyd and Richetti, told them to stuff it and then stood toe to toe in a shootout...that stuff is crazy. The organization was so bad, so many agents died in firefights, so many guys got away...it seems absolutely perfect for a real-life sim.

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Re: start of the FBI sim?

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Is there really no FBI or anti-crime sim? Something where you are Hoover or Ness and have to build squads, assign guys to follow up on leads, tail family and girlfriends, and take down the baddies? Barker gang, Machine Gun Kelly, Pretty Boy Floyd, Bonnie and Clyd, John Dillinger?

I know they made some games where you are the criminal or mob lord (Gangsters, Gangsters 2, Mafia, etc). I mean a serious sim engine, something like X-com in terms of organizational development, squad based combat, but building out your team. Even turn-based combat for taking down the baddies. But you mix it with Carmen Sandiego (just a bit) in terms of figuring things out. Or just extrapolate it into 'research' and assign guys to different cases and baddies.

I mean a game like that could be endless - you could just do 1933-35, to face and take down the big guys...even have Purvis and Cowley in the game as lieutenants. Skills - firearms, organization, intelligence, bravery, etc.

Or it could be all anonymous without the real names. Or just the bad guys are real.

I'm reading Public Enemies, and some of these stories are incredible...the sherrif that stood up to Pretty Boy Floyd and Richetti, told them to stuff it and then stood toe to toe in a shootout...that stuff is crazy. The organization was so bad, so many agents died in firefights, so many guys got away...it seems absolutely perfect for a real-life sim.
    I used to love playing this on my old Apple iic plus! Prolly not what you are looking for but great fun!
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln