Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Old school mogul league (OSML)

Old school mogul league (OSML)

League Specs:

Bm version: 2011
    Forum: Proboards - http://sandasyianniosml.proboards.com/
    Sims: 3x a week (mon-wed-fri, early morning)
    Commish mode: locked
    Sim ahead: locked
    Current year: July 1983
    Start year: 1967
    Chat box: XAT
    Draft: Done by thread entries from Apr 1st on, but the last few rounds are done live.
    Special features: waivers, DP trades
    Expansion rules: 20-player protection lists, 32 player expansion draft per team, free access to a few FAs as draft-day deals, new teams draft in the middle of the ammy draft rounds (as if they had a .500 record)

Any other questions, post in the forum or send me a pm!
    Last edited by Alloutwar; 07-09-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Re: Old school mogul league (OSML)

All teams full. However, expansion is on the horizon, and an opening could occur during this 1957 season. Stop by, check out the file, join the waiting list. BM11 league running happily.

The Chicago White Sox are now available. Come join a small group of BM 2011 GMs with a solid file - no position change exploitation, no conflict, just good fun.

Pirates just became available today. WS champs 2 seasons ago, 92-game winner last season, stocked with Clemente, Mazeroski, Cepeda, Veale and more. Limited time offer!

Even if you don't make the Pirates, join our waiting list for the '62 expansion.

Still one opening in this league. BM11, good core group, sims 3x a week. New season starts May 5th! Grab a team and start wheeling and dealing to make them your own.

Two openings now - Baltimore and the Reds. If you love either team circa 1959, come on in!

New Pirates owner on board and happy. Lots of articles, activity picking up as some surprise contenders emerge in 1959.

Come on by, check out the file (I can email it to you), and pick up the Reds or Orioles ownership. The Reds were managed by a HOF owner in Bubba. Orioles have had a few different hands in the pot, but some top draft picks have bolstered their farm...its an up and comer.

BM11, easy and available...come join a fun, no-fuss, no-drama league!

AOW, I'd like to join (at least the waiting list) but I've never been part of a league even if I've been playing Mogul for years. Where could I "educate" myself?

White Sox and Reds now open - just 2 teams to fill, let's find some owners!

Sipimi - thanks for the interest, I will send you a PM.

Reds still open, and now the Phillies will be opened up to new management. Read the primer, step in and try league play for the first time! Perfect league for it!

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Only the Reds remain open. Got some new blood in a league that is 5 seasons strong! Come out of the woodwork, take over the Reds! 1960 season starts 6/25, so you have a week to make trades and shape the club.

League is full! Wow. STILL, come over to the board, download the file from me, and get to know us. why? Because it's 1960, year 6 for us, and expansion hits in 1961! If you like the Angels or Senators-become-Rangers, and are thinking about getting in a league, now is the time!

We've had some amazing storylines - the KC Athletics go from perennial punching bag to true contender and AL Champ in just 4 seasons. The Pirates GM departed leaving what looked like a sunken team, and Vito stepped in to guide them to the playoffs. The Cardinals' had a huge run of success, somewhat surprisingly winning the WS. The Dodgers won it all but struggle to maintain their massive payroll. Now the forgotten Reds have been revitalized by a new owner in Hokey and are surprise contenders in the NL East.

It's a fun simple league, perfect for the amateur. Ask Sipimi, we're always happy to help a newbie!

1960 expansion happening now, and we have two great new (or returning) owners to take the reins. League is full - BUT expansion is on the horizon AGAIN in '61! That means we will need two new owners that are up for a challenge. Love the Mets or Astros? Now is the time to sign up, see how this expansion goes, and start planning for your inaugural season.

OSML's 1960-61 expansion went wonderfully, and now we are ramping up for 61-62. We are looking for two owners to take on expansion teams, including the expansion draft process. Mets and Colt 45s/Astros up for grabs.

Now is the time to join a fun BM11 league with a huge mix of owners - teens, twenties, thirties, all the way up to late 70s. A fun group of guys interested in history, articles, and ongoing commentary. You've thought about it for a long time - join up, take a stab at league play!

We are about a week away from the '62 expansion. Mets and Colt 45s/Astros. I know there is a Met fan out there dying to draft the beginning of the team!

Here's how our expansion draft works:
    - all players on all teams up for grabs, even recent draftees. Build for now or the future!
    - Each team gets to protect 20 players, that's IT! You are guaranteed an All Star/Face of the Franchise here.
    - Each team drafts 30 players. Max of 4 players from any single team drafted
    - Two long-term minimum-salary signings from the FA pool to fill out your rosters
    - you draft 12/13 next season as if you entered with a .500 record. No end of the round for you!

Last year's two expansion teams have put up decent seasons, with Tom Tresh being a ROTY candidate (30 HR, 99 RBI). We feel like this is fair and equitable, because it hurts us established teams quite a bit!

Come on over and sign up now. Two owners needed.