Thread: Any League Looking For An Agent?

Any League Looking For An Agent?

If anyone out there is looking for an unbiased, neutral party to be an agent for their league, I'd be interested. As many may know, I've been a big time moguler and now I'm getting the itch to negotiate contracts for players. I've done agent work before in Pure Stats Baseball League as well as helping out for the private bidding on IFAs or Comp FAs in various leagues.

I could agent for a certain demographic of players; 90+, 80+, arbitration, top draftees, comp/top FAs, etc... If you have interest in an agent system, PM me on the boards or email me @ mattynokes@gmail.com.

I'd like to know a little bit about your league and, well, maybe a pitch for why I should consider your league .

Just message me and we can figure something out.
    Last edited by mattynokes; 11-22-2016 at 11:58 AM.
    "It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

First Class Mogul - 50 Seasons and Counting!

Re: Any League Looking For An Agent?

"My Terms"

1. My Big Question: Do you want contracts to resemble real life values or base it off of values in the league universe? I can do either and I can adjust to make things fair for everyone. Though I think with the availability of a site like Cot's Contracts using real life value will work best.

2. How I Run Things: Whether I'm only doing 90s, 80+, arbitration, top FAs, whatever is up for debate. But no matter the circumstances I will run things the same.

- First off, in my system (and just like real life), a player could be signed at any time. So the Matt Moore, Brian McCann, Evan Longoria, really most of the type of Rays contracts are possible. Even the Bryce Harper, MLB deal straight out of JUCO deal could happen. It's all up to the GM and when they want to pounce on a deal.

- I am not trying to make this like a Scott Boras situation. I treat this as an honor system. You treat my players with respect, we build a good rapport, and I cut you good deals in the future.

- However, you burn me, say for example tell me your guy is gonna be your starter, I sign him for 10M per for 5 years and then you quickly deal him away, and I'll burn you! I will not forget. It could result in tougher negotiations, me being more apprehensive about future deals, or possibly refusing certain players to be re-signed if I think you're lying to me.

This is also not to say that I am going to let a great 95 overall second year player get signed to a cheap, long-term deal all because he had a poor rookie season. I will take it all into consideration and could refuse long-term deals if I don't think it's right for the player. On the other side, I may push a long-term deal if I think the player is worth it.

3. Admin/Mod Access: I understand it may feel sketchy to give a new guy access, but I'd like to have a section that I can add/delete sub-forums or threads, pin/move threads, re-arrange things, etc... If nothing else an action admin/mod who can arrange things the way I want quickly.

4. Why You Should Do This: Because I'm awesome.

- But seriously, I understand baseball. I love Cot's Contracts and am often intrigued by what goes on in a baseball contract. I can find the right balance to give fair deals to players so that teams don't neither stockpile cash or get screwed by Mogul's wonky arbitration system (i.e. the lone random super season resulting in a 40M arbitration figure).

- Depending on how many players I agent, this can also help mitigate the amount of work needed to do for the re-signing file since I can take care of a lot of the work throughout the course of the season and give you guys a break.

- If I'm agenting Top FAs, this puts another level of realism and excitement into the off-season. No more top dollar bid (or however you guys run things) wins the player. Team fit, personality, hometown, role on the team, etc... could all play a factor.

- This gives you something I don't think any (or at least many) have. An unbiased, neutral part to agent could draw a lot of interest. It's something unique and a recruiting tool to lure people in.

5. Final Thoughts: I understand this is probably new territory for most. I have no problem if this is not for you. But know, I'd take this seriously and I'd have a blast doing this. If you have any questions or concerns, I can answer anything you may have.

Thanks for the consideration!

Again, PM me on here or email me at mattynokes@gmail.com if interested.
    Last edited by mattynokes; 11-22-2016 at 11:59 AM.
    "It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great."

Bump

I'm once again interested in seeing if any leagues would want an agent.

I'm again interested in doing some agent work for a league.

At this point he also farts crypt dust too on the side of negotiating contracts. Multitalented!