Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Daily Reminder That The World is Awesome

Re: Daily Reminder That The World is Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Perhaps you'd be less bored in this thread if you had the intellectual ability to see that bees have a lot more to do with plant life than carnivorism or that bees are much more valuable to the other life on this planet than humans are.

#BeesAren'tOurEqualsWeAreDependantOnThem

Also, some carnivorous animal species kill and eat each other. Take lions and hyenas as an example. Both lions and hyenas are meat eaters (and, presumably, enjoy, if not, love, it). Are lions or hyenas unequal to each other? In what way does the inequality of different species of animal have anything to do with what a species eats?

#IDon'tThinkYouKnowWhatThe****YouAreTalkingAbout
    you sound mad bro

I fully read.
    No actually you do not. If you had you wouldn't have posted this:
    Perhaps you'd be less bored in this thread if you had the intellectual ability to see that bees have a lot more to do with plant life than carnivorism or that bees are much more valuable to the other life on this planet than humans are.
    because you would've read this:

As for bees, I'm a fan of honey and moreso am very aware of the many other ways bees help then environment - hence help humans.
    So either you are not fully reading or you are cherry picking tid bits out of my posts and using them out of context in an attempt to be a condescending prick.

#StopBeingACondescendingPrick

(first time I ever recall calling someone a derogatory name in these forums. I have been studying Kobie'isms.)

When I read the comments in this thread, the world isnt awesome and it makes me sad. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

Please, no more hashtags.
    #****allofyou

I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

todays entry:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-tour?ref=live

This 4-piece cello band is trying to do a cross-country school tour to help get kids interested and educated about music and the arts. In an era where the arts are ignored and underfunded in our school system, this is really nice.

they are $6000 towards their $48,000 goal with less than 10 days left of course....

today's entry:

Man saves 375 pound bear from drowning

Yeah, that is nuts of steel

http://racistsgettingfired.tumblr.com/tagged/gotten

Ever get sick of all the idiots on social media that are racist, ignorant, and yet never shut up? Well, you aren't alone. This fantastic woman set up accounts to work on the worst of the worst, find out where they go to school or work, and get them suspended, thrown out, or fired due to their incessant spouting on social media.

This is fantastic. Even if you are totally libertarian, free speech, yadda yadda, you have to admit that social media is public and out there, and if an employee or student can be tied to your organization this easily, it doesn't reflect well on you.

I think I might have a new cause to give a few thousand to this christmas.

I see nothing awesome here. Being a racist. Not awesome. Having nothing better to do with your time except tattling on other people. Not awesome. The whole situation in Ferguson. Not awesome.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

I see showing people that there are repercussions to their stupidity as awesome. There's a culture in this country that believes an ignorant, uninformed opinion is just as viable as fact, and that they are entitled to spout hate or ignorance on social media without repercussions.

Shitty people doing shitty things, and getting what they actually deserve for once? That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    I see showing people that there are repercussions to their stupidity as awesome. There's a culture in this country that believes an ignorant, uninformed opinion is just as viable as fact, and that they are entitled to spout hate or ignorance on social media without repercussions.

Shitty people doing shitty things, and getting what they actually deserve for once? That's awesome.
    There's also a culture in this country of just looking at headlines and determining "fact" from them. There's nothing awesome about any of ferguson. Sad thing is that nowadays questioning publicly if an indictment was just makes you a thug cop hater. On the flip, you're a racist. Such extremes and more than half don't even realize the grand jury wasn't assigning guilt, merely looking for a preponderance of evidence that some crime was committed to support an indictment and innocent until proven guilty trial.

I do sympathize with those who are protesting (not rioting). Largely because the grand jury was a farce. People see the headline, "grand jury doesn't indict" and looks at it as "fact" that there was not enough to indict. Had the state truly been trying to get an indictment, maybe the outcome would've been the same...or not...who knows? But the fact that the attorneys were leading Wilson and witnesses to statements that would hurt their chances at getting an indictment showed that they only held a grand jury to try and satisfy the masses. It was for show only and makes a mockery of our judicial system.

Agree with all of that. The Ferguson case was bad enough, but had some room for cop in line of duty, who knows what happened wiggle room...and Wilson resigned, very good move, hopefully it helps heal.

The NY choking thing was all on video...no doubt, no question, ruled a HOMICIDE. For that grand jury to not even see a case...I'm baffled. I don't think everyone that is pro-cop is racist, heck no - but there is a ton of racism out there...its been awoken in some by Obama, others by Ferguson...the south and midwest and very odd places right now, and to see some of the same white-cop-killing-black-unarmed-citizen in NY and not even be indicted...

this sh!t is all wrong. I love the honorable police and security workers in the US, these guys are heroic everyday and deserve the benefit of the doubt, but they do NOT earn the right to kill without reproach or investigation, which can mean indictment and trial. This sends a real terrible message, and its teaching our black youth that they are not safe, and their lives are less valued by our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Agree with all of that. The Ferguson case was bad enough, but had some room for cop in line of duty, who knows what happened wiggle room...and Wilson resigned, very good move, hopefully it helps heal.

The NY choking thing was all on video...no doubt, no question, ruled a HOMICIDE. For that grand jury to not even see a case...I'm baffled. I don't think everyone that is pro-cop is racist, heck no - but there is a ton of racism out there...its been awoken in some by Obama, others by Ferguson...the south and midwest and very odd places right now, and to see some of the same white-cop-killing-black-unarmed-citizen in NY and not even be indicted...

this sh!t is all wrong. I love the honorable police and security workers in the US, these guys are heroic everyday and deserve the benefit of the doubt, but they do NOT earn the right to kill without reproach or investigation, which can mean indictment and trial. This sends a real terrible message, and its teaching our black youth that they are not safe, and their lives are less valued by our system.
    What's got me baffled is the comments I see that you should just shut your mouth and obey law enforcement officials or you get what you get. I have the upmost respect and sympathy for police officers as a whole, more than anyone I know tbh as I constantly defend their short fuse as they have to deal often with the scum of the earth, but since when did they get this much power? That they are beyond questioning? Scares me a bit to be honest. When being arrested we have a right to remain silent, nobody has to. Yeah, one should never resist arrest however I think resisting arrest needs better definition. If a cop tells me to get down as i'm under arrest for selling cigarettes and I step back and argue, show no hostility yet do not immediately obey...i'm sorry but that's not resisting arrest. Now there is a length of time which that dialog can continue and then I have to oblige. There are ******* cops too though, they are not infallible. This idea that they cannot be questioned and are beyond reproach is scary.

Secondly, if I have a person resisting arrest but not hostile, and I have 4/5/6 cops surrounding him. Why would any cop risk their health and wellbeing tackling and subduing the person when I can just get a taser? "Last warning, if you don't lay down on the ground we will taze you." No unneccesary risk of injury to an officer which is first and foremost and less chance of injury to the perp. The decision to manhandle Garner was all I needed to say a Grand Jury was just and hell it would take one hell of an explanation to have me not vote to indict. Is there no longer any rules of engagement? Even back to Wilson, WTF you have backup on the way?

If cops want to be held beyond reproach for decisions in the field they can start the dialog by having some rules of engagement and following them.

+1 agree with dickay

+1 agree with dickay
    quoting for posterity! haha