Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Depressing News Item of the Day

Re: Depressing News Item of the Day

Even if I concede that public opinion has dropped a few points around the law (not surprising considering the fear, ignorance and misinformation being tossed), is there any cause at all to liken it to genocide? Doesn't that kind of make the debate idiotic?

This just reminds me of spoiled brat children. If one thing is forced on them, or restricted from them, suddenly they have the worst parent EVER, and they are being TORTURED. Get over it, holy hell. If there are legitimate concerns with the healthcare act, you have to pull up your pants and admit it's not an effing Gulag before we can take you seriously.

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/po.../vid_697.shtml
    According to the survey, 43% say they oppose the health care law because it is too liberal, with 15% saying they give the measure a thumbs down because it is not liberal enough.
    So if you are counting, the lowest approval ever so far goes like this:

35% straight in favor
    15% think it DOESNT GO FAR ENOUGH (as in, no single-payer solution, etc)
    43% straight opposed

So 50% or more of the country STILL supports this law as a MINIMUM - many of them prefer even more liberal reform. This is after a terribly botched rollout and what, almost 5 straight years of direct misinformation (death panels, etc). And there STILL isn't a majority against it. It's kind of laughable.

Once medical costs actually start shrinking, and people come face to face with the overwhelming benefits they get, this is going to get funny. Republicans are going to have to find a way to say they didn't really oppose it all that much...and I'd bet my life savings that Fox News will be running something around Republican credit for some of it somewhere around 2016-2017.

lol @ 'suffering inflicted'. I've seen first-hand the suffering inflicted by sh*tty insurance companies for over a decade, while people rot and die of their curable (but expensive) conditions. To compare a buggy website or mandated coverage to the pain and death in the name of profits that our healthcare system has delivered for over 30 years is despicable, and you should be ashamed.

The news is reporting that Santa Claus is currently over Africa.

Depressing that an institution (idealistically) based on providing unbiased information is propagating religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Even if I concede that public opinion has dropped a few points around the law (not surprising considering the fear, ignorance and misinformation being tossed), is there any cause at all to liken it to genocide? Doesn't that kind of make the debate idiotic?

This just reminds me of spoiled brat children. If one thing is forced on them, or restricted from them, suddenly they have the worst parent EVER, and they are being TORTURED. Get over it, holy hell. If there are legitimate concerns with the healthcare act, you have to pull up your pants and admit it's not an effing Gulag before we can take you seriously.

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/po.../vid_697.shtml

So if you are counting, the lowest approval ever so far goes like this:

35% straight in favor
    15% think it DOESNT GO FAR ENOUGH (as in, no single-payer solution, etc)
    43% straight opposed

So 50% or more of the country STILL supports this law as a MINIMUM - many of them prefer even more liberal reform. This is after a terribly botched rollout and what, almost 5 straight years of direct misinformation (death panels, etc). And there STILL isn't a majority against it. It's kind of laughable.

Once medical costs actually start shrinking, and people come face to face with the overwhelming benefits they get, this is going to get funny. Republicans are going to have to find a way to say they didn't really oppose it all that much...and I'd bet my life savings that Fox News will be running something around Republican credit for some of it somewhere around 2016-2017.

lol @ 'suffering inflicted'. I've seen first-hand the suffering inflicted by sh*tty insurance companies for over a decade, while people rot and die of their curable (but expensive) conditions. To compare a buggy website or mandated coverage to the pain and death in the name of profits that our healthcare system has delivered for over 30 years is despicable, and you should be ashamed.
    That's it. Though it's been 10 years since I worked in the medical field, I do know as going through some health issues, before this law was passed, the healthcare system has been a huge joke as it was. Why anyone would be ok with status quo is beyond me. I haven't done any research on it, because I havent had issues in the last few years, but how could it possibly be any worse than what it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

The video shows you can't fix poverty by giving 1 million people a free ticket to the USA every year ... what a crock that program is in the grand scheme of the total problem.

A real eye opener to finish off the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v...layer_embedded

In fact the conclusion is that our government actually makes things worse.
    Pete's 2015 - OPENING DAY Rosters for BM09 & BM10 & BM11 & BM12 & BM13 & BM14 & BM15

https://app.box.com/s/9ru93887rf4h2nrcckiqpy7yatynqfm1

2015 Missing Players PHOTOS by Teams
    http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...75#post1616775

1975 Full Season Photo Pack (839 pics)
    This pack includes every player that played in 1975 (except for 9 players).

https://app.box.com/s/9cr7v6c1hg23i84cn7a5

Question Re: Depressing News Item of the Day

If your hometown is thinking of applying fot the Olympics...
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...test-terrorism
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

Another online scam surfaces...an oh-so-plausible one, too...beware!
    https://wm.shaw.ca/zimbra/public/lau...d=en_US&full=1
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

How about those tree hugging liberal global warming scientists who are stuck in the ice! Poetic justice! Even worse than Obamacare, is the liberal scam about global warming that the media has indoctrined onto the sheep for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbie View Post
    How about those tree hugging liberal global warming scientists who are stuck in the ice! Poetic justice! Even worse than Obamacare, is the liberal scam about global warming that the media has indoctrined onto the sheep for years.
    Even more depressing is that some people who consider themselves politically astute are so stupid that they think that getting warmer means it can't get cold.

Even more depressing than that is that some people are such absolute jackasses that they are actually happy about the misfortune of others.

Hi, my name is Cubbie and I don't understand how climate works
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Hi, my name is Cubbie and I don't understand how climate works
    Derp. Scientists say that the Earth's north pole is tiliting back toward the sun but today is colder than yesterday. Obama suckz1

I sometimes wonder what kinda person could be ignorant enough to vote for Obama? Then I visit this forum and it all becomes clearer! Mostly I feel bad for you guys though. You've been spoonfed the lies so long you just eat it up. The government loves sheep like you. So easy to be controlled by the media and so gulliable. Well here's a little lesson for you guys on the global warming hoax. You guys might want to turn off all that liberal media that has been brain washing you!

http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/caruba/130922

You really are a true caricature.

Chris Christie's staff was responsible for the traffic closures that led to severe issues in the town of a politician that did not endorse him for re-election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/chris-c...ndal-1.2490021

Not good for the Repubs' top presidential contender in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutwar View Post
    Chris Christie's staff was responsible for the traffic closures that led to severe issues in the town of a politician that did not endorse him for re-election.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/chris-c...ndal-1.2490021

Not good for the Repubs' top presidential contender in 2016.
    Agreed but I think it'll blow over. Afterall, the IRS being used to target conservative groups seeking non-exempt status has pretty much disappeared into the, "nothing here to see, move along" category. Unless a direct link can be made to Christie, his actions to hold those on his staff accountable will be spun and may actually reinforce the straight shooter no-nonsense image he has tried to manifest.

I sometimes wonder what kinda person could be ignorant enough to vote for Obama? Then I visit this forum and it all becomes clearer! Mostly I feel bad for you guys though. You've been spoonfed the lies so long you just eat it up. The government loves sheep like you. So easy to be controlled by the media and so gulliable. Well here's a little lesson for you guys on the global warming hoax. You guys might want to turn off all that liberal media that has been brain washing you!
    Are you the kind of person who draws conclusions based on zero evidence?
    Who have you voted for?
    I've never voted for Obama