Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Depressing News Item of the Day

Re: Depressing News Item of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Your future child thanks you for taking them out of a non-toxic culture into a toxic one.
    Well, I'm sure they will think that not starving to death or being killed by Cholera will make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
    Well, I'm sure they will think that not starving to death or being killed by Cholera will make up for it.
    Just what 'primitive culture' do you think AOW is adopting from?
    And why do you assume that an individual would prefer the risk of getting cancer to the risk of cholera?

AOW seems the kind of dude if he were to adopt, adopt someone from an impoverished state and that would only be a plus for a child to go from that to where AOW is.

I feel icky for being nice now. Excuse me while I go shower.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

Quote Originally Posted by ragecage View Post
    AOW seems the kind of dude if he were to adopt, adopt someone from an impoverished state and that would only be a plus for a child to go from that to where AOW is.

I feel icky for being nice now. Excuse me while I go shower.
    Not according to filicock. That dude is just a dick. No matter what anyone posts dude tries to **** all over it! Cure for AIDS? forget about it you're exploiting animals. Adopting kids from 3rd world countries? Forget about it you're giving them cancer. Jeez! Lighten up man!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbie View Post
    Not according to filicock. That dude is just a dick. No matter what anyone posts dude tries to **** all over it! Cure for AIDS? forget about it you're exploiting animals. Adopting kids from 3rd world countries? Forget about it you're giving them cancer. Jeez! Lighten up man!
    I actually kinda agree (not being a dick part, but lightening up). I'm not sure if he is arguing just for the sake of it, or if that is really how he feels. I don't really understand it. Would you rather AOW overpopulate the earth further or take someone already born into a bad situation to make for a better life?
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

Overpopulating the earth with AOW spawn, even worse than normal overpopulation.

I'd rather AOW burn down a whole orphanage, personally. Kids get out of their shitty lives, aren't exposed to a toxic lifestyle, and the Earth's population decreases. Win-Win.

Quote Originally Posted by filihok View Post
    Just what 'primitive culture' do you think AOW is adopting from?
    And why do you assume that an individual would prefer the risk of getting cancer to the risk of cholera?

"Gee, I'm so glad AOW didn't adopt me and risk me eating something non-organic. That just wouldn't be good for my health AT ALL."

"Boy, can you believe that AOW wanted to adopt me? Thank god he didn't. I wouldn't get to enjoy this wonderful drinking water that probably contains fecal matter. Our lives are SO much better here."

I actually kinda agree (not being a dick part, but lightening up). I'm not sure if he is arguing just for the sake of it, or if that is really how he feels. I don't really understand it. Would you rather AOW overpopulate the earth further or take someone already born into a bad situation to make for a better life?

Whenever I read a post by fili, this is always the first thing that pops in my head.

Here's today's contribution to this thread
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/13/op...it_th_20131213
    "Whate'er should be our Zodiac's star
    We all are born to make or mar.
    To each is gi'en a bag of tools
    Some mentors, and a set of rules:
    And each must carve, ere life has flown,
    A stumbling block, or a stepping-stone"

(Author unknown)

Generation 35.

"Spikes" The cleats on baseball boots
    "Spikes" On which newspaper editors impale copy for future reference, or ultimate destruction.

http://www.theatlanticcities.com/job...-nannies/7811/

maybe not depressing, but noteworthy......

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Cubbie View Post
    Not according to filicock. That dude is just a dick.
    Your obsession with my genitalia is completely understandable, but it does make me a bit uncomfortable.

I just found the juxtaposition of AOW's statements interesting.
    PART 1) The food in America has all kinds of **** in it
    PART 2) I want to adopt a kid from a place that doesn't have this **** in it and bring them to America where the food has **** in it.

Quote Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
    "Gee, I'm so glad AOW didn't adopt me and risk me eating something non-organic. That just wouldn't be good for my health AT ALL."

"Boy, can you believe that AOW wanted to adopt me? Thank god he didn't. I wouldn't get to enjoy this wonderful drinking water that probably contains fecal matter. Our lives are SO much better here."
    That's one example of a "primitive culture".

But that's kind of like the comparison that comes up between the US and Somalia on occasion when regulations are mentioned.

Not every 'primitive culture' is in squalor and abject poverty.

todays depressing news item has to be remembrance of the tragedy of a year ago today. prayers go out for all those effected

NC Senator Bob Rucho uses twitter to compare Obama to Nazis, terrorists, etc

“Justice Robert’s (sic) pen & Obamacare has (sic) done more damage to the USA then (sic) the swords of the Nazis,Soviets & terrorists combined.”
    As of today he stands by his tweet as 'the truth'

Totally keeping a cool head about political BS. Thanks, senator from my state...

I believe the great Senator from NC is correct as to the SUFFERING that has been INFLICTED upon the middle class with this new law of the land starting in 2014. With each passing week more and more Americans are in agreement with the Senator. However it may not be until 2016 that you as well will be affected by the new law.
    Pete's 2015 - OPENING DAY Rosters for BM09 & BM10 & BM11 & BM12 & BM13 & BM14 & BM15

https://app.box.com/s/9ru93887rf4h2nrcckiqpy7yatynqfm1

2015 Missing Players PHOTOS by Teams
    http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthr...75#post1616775

1975 Full Season Photo Pack (839 pics)
    This pack includes every player that played in 1975 (except for 9 players).

https://app.box.com/s/9cr7v6c1hg23i84cn7a5