Thread: Interesting Indie Games

Interesting Indie Games

So a long time ago I started watching Zero Punctuation, gaining appreciation for Yahtzee's views on video games...actually, it was from Clay posting his review of some RPG. I definitely agree that X-Com Enemy Unknown was one of the best games last year, and I've agreed with most of his opinions.

Two of his recommended indie games I bought online - FTL, Faster than Light, and now Papers, Please - believe it or not, a passport inspector sim. Crazy.

Take a look at the previews or the Youtube vids - its a lot of fun and totally worth the ten bucks. Indie games are better at strategy sometimes, and quick games, and just different experiences than the 100 FPS's that come out every month.

Quote Originally Posted by gleklufdshlaw View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have all the answers...

Re: Interesting Indie Games

I agree, Indie titles are a lot of fun.

Monaco which is a theivery type game is quite a bit of fun. Characters with one key ability to avoid getting caught pulling heists.

I bought the Alpha version of Prison Architect, which is just too buggy to play, but once that is fixed will be a fantastic building sim game.

State of Decay is just flat out excellent on the 360. The PC version just came out, so I imagine it may have bugs, but at least they don't have to go through Microsoft to submit updates. It's basically a Zombie survival, where you scout for supplies, recruit people for your community, and just protect your community from Zombies. Like I said excellent, but a flaw with it, is that it sims while you're not playing so If you don't have the time devoted, you may come back and some of the survivors might be missing or dead. Not sure if they did anything for that since I played last time.

Hearing you now and HAC, I think I will buy Papers, Please. That game looks pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    I'm an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    lern 2 english

Re: Interesting Indie Games

Sector Strike is an awesome game...free, at least on Android, and i'm 40-something levels in. Like the old LifeForce NES game, but intense and awesome and controlled with your finger.

Tank Hero is another free one, more strategy and less action, but hours and hours of free fun. What a fun little game, zooming your tank around and firing.

GYRO is a new one I downloaded - kind of limited, more of a simple reaction time game, but fun in short bits.

Four Days is an intro tower defense one...gets hard quick, but it was my first tower defense android app.

Plants vs Zombies 2 is also free on android, some strategy there, cartoony but still okay for those long plane rides and layovers.

Cubemen is fun but the difficulty is VERY high on many levels.

Auralux is by far one of my favorite games...like an RTS, but so simple...yet so complex. Great game, but it isn't free.

Those are my favorite Android games, and that's like 40 hours of entertainment without spending any moolah.

I just say Arctic Blast tweet about Spelunky, so I downloaded that...died like immediately, but again its free, so ill give it another try.

Off to play MOO2 again like its the mid-90s.